How to block seller from messaging you?

A seller is sending me abusive and threatening messages. Is there any way to I block this person from messaging me?

The sale has been completed.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: How to block seller from messaging you?

@joni200 wrote:
Im late to the party but I'm very supportive of your sentiment, though not regarding the issue being gendered. you came here for help, if people are going to be making comment in this forum it should be about helping to resolve your query, this is not the place for the anonymous to criticise or pass judgement, that's not productive. I'm glad your issue was resolved, try not to worry about the keyboard warriors, they're gonna do what they do.

And your advice re blocking a seller from messaging, is?

Message 61 of 70
Latest reply

Bumper seems to be offering sympathy, rather than useful advice. Which would seem to be more valuable than facts.

Message 62 of 70
Latest reply

60 Days ???  That allows them 2 months to spam you with nasty messages.   Its not right they should be blocked from further communication within 2 weeks after any transaction has ended.   I have a buyer that is still able to message me 3 weeks later with nasty messages after a transaction with him I made went sour.  Small issue only.  He made a multiple purchase order and wanted combined postage precise to the parcel however he kept adding to the order and wouldn't finalise it until 3 days later so every time I packed it and calculated up the postage he would add to it again was a real bummer of a guy to deal with in the end I packed and sent off the order thought I had everything in except I didn't because he chopped and changed 3 times I happened to miss 2 small items in the order worth less than $2 each when he opened the parcel, he hit the roof and sent me the first nasty message as "what gives"  and then later he told me he was missing the 2 items, I immediately packed and resent the missing items to him and sent an apology and thought that was the end of the matter.  However considering his attitude and his reaction I felt I didn't want to let this guy buy from me again so I quietly put his username on my blocked bidder list.   Didn't hear from him again for a couple of weeks then he must have tried to buy something from me and found out that he couldn't he hit the roof again and I not only got a tirade of nasty messages but also 2 negative ratings off him and he could do that as he had bought multiple items off me.  He could negative rate me on every item he purchased so thats a warning to you sellers, do not consent to a multiple item purchase from someone who sounds too picky and precise about things. Because if anything goes wrong they can nail you on everything they bought off you whether there was anything wrong with the item or not.  I told Ebay that this guy was using the feedback /rating system for retribution for being blocked but they refused to remove his negs.   I sent him a letter to point out I had resolved his matter and I had a right to refuse to sell to him any further as I didn't like his purchasing methods or his attitude but now he's accusing me of harassing him.  This is more than 3 weeks ago and hes still able to message me despite being blocked.  Do I really have to wait 2 months before the messaging part of the blocking becomes effective ?  

Message 63 of 70
Latest reply

2 months....

That's nothing .... it took you 5 years to reply to a member.

Message 64 of 70
Latest reply

Save the paragraph.

Not to mention that this old thread is about sellers messaging buyers, not the reverse.

Message 65 of 70
Latest reply

You admit it was your fault and left items out.

And sorry when I read the reply you left to this persons neg's,  you deserved more negs

Message 66 of 70
Latest reply

I agree totally Sugar. I'd never speak to a buyer like that, even if they were being unreasonable. The replies will probably cost sales, because buyers will think that if there is an issue, I'm going to be blamed for it, so shop elsewhere. I know I do, even paying more for a reasonable seller.

Message 67 of 70
Latest reply

I agree.

Poor form indeed.

Message 68 of 70
Latest reply

Mistakes are an opportunity to show how you can fix something.

Sadly, they can also be an opportunity to show how one can cause further damage.

It is all in the perspective.

Message 69 of 70
Latest reply

sna-4293
Community Member

Me too would love an option to also block sellers as well as buyers who harass. I don't like sellers who send threats of police reports that never even took place. Those sort of messages were designed to make me nervous. Police were going to do nothing to me because they have more serious crimes to deal with rather than a silly empty threat on eBay. Silly seller wouldn't have even had the guts to spend $30.00 US on a call to Australia just to tell the police I threatened them on eBay only to be told "no we only deal with emergencies and this is a waste of our time see ya later" and hang up. 

Message 70 of 70
Latest reply