How to deal with threats?

grivia
Community Member

Hello

I have reported abuse, threats (and death threats) over 6 times now from a member who didn't like the fact that PayPal sided with me when I provided images of an item that arrived in a damaged state.

These have been over the last 2 weeks and still nothing has been done.

What am I left to do when a member is free to keep messaging me and I am not even able to block them? Clearly eBay doesn't care, and I'm not sure what my options are.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: How to deal with threats?

grivia
Community Member

To be honest it seems trivial to take cyber threats to the police, but I'm just sick of the guy messaging me daily. I don't see why eBay shouldn't handle this when they say in their own help pages that they have systems in place to take care of it.

I guess I'll give eBay a call on Monday then. Thanks for the info.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

grivia
Community Member

Being suspended by eBay would be the least of the worries for a coward who sends threatening emails.

He has over 5000 sales. I compiled a list of his insults and threats + all his details I could find saying that if he kept messaging me that I'd just send it to the police via email. Then he really got upset, it sounds like it's his only form of income... which makes this situation an absolutely ridiculous one - for someone who relies on eBay, you think he'd have better people skills.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

grivia
Community Member

Aaaand I'm going to stop quoting things now, it doesn't seem to be working very well ?:|

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

I would not have felt in the least threatened, obviously all mouth and no trousers especially if they have done it to others earlier and they are still in the land of the living.

I would have deleted the first one after reading it and then deleted any further communication from them without even opening them then I would not have been worried by any more threats as I would not have seen them.

If you really want to make this idiot's day by letting them know they are getting to you then by all means report them to the police who will most likely just give him a warning which will amuse him greatly.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

To be honest it seems trivial to take cyber threats to the police

It is NOT trivial & the police most definitely take it seriously.It's a criminal offence-can't remember the exact wording but something like using a telecommunications or internet device to menace,harrass or stalk a person.

You really need to speak with a detective.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Wow. This seller has so many neutrals and negs. Need to steer clear of this one 😐

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Aaaand I'm going to stop quoting things now, it doesn't seem to be working very well ?:|

the problems with quoting tend to happen when you edit the quote.  This is what I do to avoid quoting problems

- prepare your post (including editing the quote by deleting some if you wish)

- highlight and copy the text you have added for the post (stops you from having to re-type if it all goes wrong)

- hit the 'Preview' button below the post to see if the quote has worked properly

- if it hasn't worked properly you hit the 'Go Back/Edit' button

- re-do or correct the post (delete the quote and try quoting again from scratch)

- then Preview again

- when you get a preview of the post that you are happy with you hit the 'Post' button

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

and by the way, you can ask eBay to remove the feedback the seller has left you as it is a positive rating with a comment that is not positive.  They will remove it if you ask them.

In the meantime, do not reply or respond to the feedback they have left for you.  Just report it to eBay and have it removed.

A benefit of having the feedback removed is that the seller will get a policy violation from eBay.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

For a fee that is not very high , some solicitors can send an official letter to the person requesting that they stop their behaviour otherwise a restraining order could be issued through the courts and people who break a court order could end up in jail .

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

scotty*75
Community Member

I had the same problem.. seller lost a paypal claim and sent threatning messages through my ebay if I didnt return "his money"

The Customer support tab at the top of the page is purely to give the appearance they are customer focused and there to help..

Followed there directions for reporting threats and I didn't even receive a reply..

Could be dead for all they care.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply