I suspect I and several other people have been scammed!

Story goes like this.

There was a seller on eBay who was selling things at too good to be true prices. 8gb macbook RAM, Car Radios, MS Office etc for only $24 each, well in that range. I bought two of his RAM kits for $24.99 and payed straight away. About two days after I payed, he got banned off eBay for an unspecified reason. He had around 130 feedbacks and only 2 negs which seemed legitmate. As I was saying, he got banned and now there is no way to contact him. I tried doing a dispute, but all I got was "We're sorry there's a problem with your purchase. Unfortunately, this item isn't in a category safeguarded by eBay Buyer Protection. You can try to work out this problem by contacting the seller." Because of this, I suspect the ban was staged so buyers cannot send a dispute or get their money back.  He somehow exploited PayPal's system to prevent a dispute being sent towards him. This has probably affected several other people too has his stuff was selling like hotcakes! I think I've lost $50 from this scammer! What do I do? This was only a week ago.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: I suspect I and several other people have been scammed!

"There was a seller on eBay who was selling things at too good to be true prices. 8gb macbook RAM, Car Radios, MS Office etc for only $24 each, well in that range. I bought two of his RAM kits for $24.99 and payed straight away."

So why the heck did you buy. If it 's too good to be true it usually is!!
Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

Aussie post visa is by heritage bank, you would of got a slip of paper with your card giving you all info needed....
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

Oh dear. You have got some work in front of you.  Really hope you can get your funds back. Please learn from these scammers. As h b h says,if it sound too good to be true, don't bother.  🙂

Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=yuanmin09&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l277...

That feedback tells me he is legitimate. Seems almost foolproof. There was no way at all to tell if he is a scammer or not. Gosh I've been getting scammed left and right on ebay!
Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

If you checked all his legit feedback you would have noticed that not one + was for anything that you thought you purchased.That's a telling sign that you might be getting scammed.

Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

Maybe, give up buying altogether anything from OS. Buy local and make sure they are local and not saying they have a warehouse etc in Australia. It's usually Chinese sellers again. Once bitten, twice shy 🙂

Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

I don't understand it when people say something sounds too good to be true.....then they go ahead and buy it anyway. Makes no sense to me at all! I didn't realise there were still so many gullible people around.

Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

@send_me_it wrote:

I can't! The RAM was in the Cars Bikes and Boats category. This may have been under the exploit also as there is no I didn't receive my item.

Does anyone else find this a little awesome. You gotta admit, that's a pretty smart scam right there, listing in the catagory ineligible for protection. 

Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

I'll admit it is pretty smart, but the amount of people that bought his items is in the thousands.. I smell a class action lawsuit happening.

Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

You have lost $50 and you are talking International lawsuits?

How awesome is that?  If you have so much money that you can afford that then surely $50 is not much to lose?

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply