Is it possible to report a seller that you only suspect of wrongdoing?

I recently won an auction and waited until the date that it said my item should arrive. I have contacted the seller and the purchase has been cancelled (for reasons that don't seem to add up to me). I have been given a full refund but I have been out of pocket for almost 2 weeks and there seems to be no way I can report my concerns to Ebay. On the resolution centre page that I got to, it just seems to get to a point where it says that because I recieved a full refund, I can't take any further action.

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

So what exactly do you want to report?

What would you expect ebay to do in relation to any unsubstantiated accusation?

Message 2 of 84
Latest reply

You have feedback to warn others.

But keep it factual, otherwise the seller can have it removed.

image host
Message 3 of 84
Latest reply

I am able to just say what the seller has told me about why they have cancelled the purchase?

Message 4 of 84
Latest reply

I don't know what Ebay could do, but they could have someone you could talk to about issues to see if maybe there is something they could do. Perhaps they could remove the seller from the site if they can somehow prove any wrongdoing with information they have, so no one else has to deal with this problem. I don't see why my only option is to talk to a bot that can only tell me that live chat is unavailable and not even tell me when live chat will be available.

Message 5 of 84
Latest reply

Why do I need to come to a forum to get advice? All I want to know is how do I speak to a real person at Ebay and if that's not possible, I will just move on with my life because I got the refund and that's, as far as I can see, the only possible resolution and you just have to accept that your time was wasted by waiting for an item that you could have bought elsewhere.

Message 6 of 84
Latest reply

Why would Ebay remove them from the site because of a relatively minor issue, albeit an inconvenience to you? There are over 180 million sellers across the world. Can you imagine if they removed every seller for a minor infraction?

There could be any number of reasons they did not post it. Since it was an auction, perhaps they didn't like the price they got. Ebay cannot force the seller to actually sell it to you at the price you won the auction at. Sellers do reserve the right to change their minds. Not ideal, but it happens all the time.

You got your money back - there's nothing to take action over. It's not as if the seller kept your money AND the item. 

What was the item number?

Message 7 of 84
Latest reply

If they removed every seller for every minor infraction, I'm sure most minor infractions would no longer happen.

It's not a minor infraction to have an auction with a successful bid and then not part ways with the item. I'm pretty sure (I'm not a lawyer) that when you win an auction, you create a binding contract between yourself and the seller. Unless they have set a reserve that wasn't met, they have to sell the item. Unless Ebay Australia somehow has different rules, which I don't think they do because they have a section in their policies which explains the things that are non-binding.

I got my money back after almost 2 weeks where I could have been trying to purchase the item but instead my money was gone and I thought I had the item on the way.

I'm no longer interested in pursuing this matter. I don't think it's going to go anywhere.

Message 8 of 84
Latest reply

I missed the Boxing Day Sales because I thought I had got a great deal.

Message 9 of 84
Latest reply

So why come to a forum for advice? Which, by deigning to post on a forum, you have.

Nobody but you knows the answer to that.

As far as speaking to a real person, it won't go well. You have been refunded. End of as far as eBay is concerned.

You are out of pocket approximately bugga all, given current interest rates. If you value your time at all, you've spent more than it cost you to complain on the boards.

Message 10 of 84
Latest reply