Issue with address, agreed to cancel then re-list, sold to someone else...

negan
Community Member

This is more to vent as I know there is nothing I can do.

So, 1 of a kind card for auction. There is no others like it, this is the only one.

I win the auction.

I pay for the item. I realise after paying that the estimated delivery time is after I move out of my then current address.

My fault.

I contact the seller about it. They say they don't know what to do. A week later after no correspondence the item is marked as posted. I contact the seller about it. They say they didn't post it they just marked it as posted so they wouldn't get a warning. They still say they don't know what to do. They then message me again a few days later saying that I had to submit a cancel request so they could re-list the item for me to buy again. As it was marked as posted I couldn't submit a cancel request.

I woke up this morning to a message from the seller saying they unmarked it as posted, cancelled the item and re-listed it and I just had to send in the offer.

I was asleep when these messages were sent at 4:30am due to timezones.

As I expected I went to go put an offer on the item and it has been sold to someone else.

The seller has not replied to my 5+ messages regarding this.

I put it so much effort and apologised so many times for my error to make sure I got this item to the right address and the exact thing I tried to prevent happened. Now some other buyer gets the card that I've been monitoring for weeks to resolve.

I know there is nothing I can do now but leave negative feedback, I just wanted to vent and see if anyone else has had similar situations.

Again, if I had changed my address to being with, I would have gotten the card, it is ultimately my fault, but I believe I remained very professional and did everything I could to resolve the issue and the seller decided to do the wrong thing.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Issue with address, agreed to cancel then re-list, sold to someone else...

Yes, and unfortunately deliberately designed to make it look like it was the seller's fault there was an issue with postage.

Oh well, there's always karma.

Message 41 of 61
Latest reply

Looking at the seller's negs, I dunno why you'd buy from them in the first place.

Don't care how rare the item may be - looking at that feedback, I wouldn't be 100% sure I'd get it.

Message 42 of 61
Latest reply

I thought the same thing after I checked them out (after I wrote my posts). I noticed the seller has never left any feedback for a buyer either, which could denote a lack of care about buyers. Not saying it necessarily does, but I wondered about it.
Message 43 of 61
Latest reply

negan
Community Member

Update:

For some reason the seller opened an unpaid item case against me, even though I paid and they cancelled the order???

The response from eBay is:

I'm sorry to know that the seller did not honour your agreement. Based on your report, I will be taking appropriate action against the sellerโ€™s account based on our strict selling policies. Consequences could range from warning, restrictions and even to closing of their account. However, I may not have the liberty to disclose the details of our investigation or any action taken on the member's account. I am happy that this also gives you assurance of the privacy of your account.

Message 44 of 61
Latest reply

they opened an UnPaid Item case against you so eBay would refund their Final Value Fees

Message 45 of 61
Latest reply

If the sale was cancelled, the seller has already had their fees refunded.

The seller probably has UPI disputes automated, as a cancellation goes back into unpaid.

Message 46 of 61
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

If the sale was cancelled, the seller has already had their fees refunded.

The seller probably has UPI disputes automated, as a cancellation goes back into unpaid.

okay, ignore my previous post

Message 47 of 61
Latest reply

@negan wrote:
Omg. How many times did I say it was my fault! I apologised to the seller at least 10 times but when similar issues happened in the past it was an easy fix. The seller did not respond to days, I thought they were going to run away with my money. What else was I supposed to do??? The negative comments all state that the seller is extremely unresponsive and not cooperative and has cancelled items and relisted at a higher price. I stated to the seller that I would cooperate in anyway to make it right and get the item to my new address but they relisted it and accepted a best offer at a higher price, if anything because of what I did I made them more money!

How many times has this happened to you?

Message 48 of 61
Latest reply

Yes, I have had buyers who needed to change address. I've bought items where the seller had to make changes which required cancelling and re-buying which was done in the same day.
Message 49 of 61
Latest reply

@negan wrote:
Yes, I have had buyers who needed to change address. I've bought items where the seller had to make changes which required cancelling and re-buying which was done in the same day.

Then you either need to stop moving house so often, or remember to update your eBay and PayPal account when you do. It's not hard.

Message 50 of 61
Latest reply