Issue with address, agreed to cancel then re-list, sold to someone else...

negan
Community Member

This is more to vent as I know there is nothing I can do.

So, 1 of a kind card for auction. There is no others like it, this is the only one.

I win the auction.

I pay for the item. I realise after paying that the estimated delivery time is after I move out of my then current address.

My fault.

I contact the seller about it. They say they don't know what to do. A week later after no correspondence the item is marked as posted. I contact the seller about it. They say they didn't post it they just marked it as posted so they wouldn't get a warning. They still say they don't know what to do. They then message me again a few days later saying that I had to submit a cancel request so they could re-list the item for me to buy again. As it was marked as posted I couldn't submit a cancel request.

I woke up this morning to a message from the seller saying they unmarked it as posted, cancelled the item and re-listed it and I just had to send in the offer.

I was asleep when these messages were sent at 4:30am due to timezones.

As I expected I went to go put an offer on the item and it has been sold to someone else.

The seller has not replied to my 5+ messages regarding this.

I put it so much effort and apologised so many times for my error to make sure I got this item to the right address and the exact thing I tried to prevent happened. Now some other buyer gets the card that I've been monitoring for weeks to resolve.

I know there is nothing I can do now but leave negative feedback, I just wanted to vent and see if anyone else has had similar situations.

Again, if I had changed my address to being with, I would have gotten the card, it is ultimately my fault, but I believe I remained very professional and did everything I could to resolve the issue and the seller decided to do the wrong thing.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Maybe you could have just paid for the item, then had your mail redirected by Australia Post.

Message 2 of 61
Latest reply

I had already paid, but the item had no tracking so there was no way to re-direct

Message 3 of 61
Latest reply

Was it being sent as a parcel? 

Message 4 of 61
Latest reply

It was only a card type item so I figure it would have been in a small flat envelope type package

Message 5 of 61
Latest reply

You don't have to have tracking.

Just pay for all your mail to be re-directed by Aus Post.

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/manage-your-mail/redirect-hold-mail/redirect-mail?&ecid=p1204705833...

What were you doing with all your other mail?   New tenant throwing it out?

Message 6 of 61
Latest reply

Maybe different coming from overseas, not sure but there is (or was) no need for a tracking number for mail to be able to be re-directed

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/manage-your-mail/redirect-hold-mail/redirect-mail?&ecid=p1204705835...

Apologies if I have misunderstood why it could'nt have been redirected if you had a redirection on your mail

*Edit*   Bear too slow

Message 7 of 61
Latest reply

It's too late now, it's been sold to someone else.
Message 8 of 61
Latest reply

Now yes, but before when you bought originally, it would have been re-directed with all your other mail

Not sure where my other reply has gone?  Cat Frustrated

Message 9 of 61
Latest reply

@negan wrote:
It's too late now, it's been sold to someone else.

I know, but that's what you should have done.

Paid for the Post Office to redirect all your mail.

How could you not know about this?   Never moved before?

Message 10 of 61
Latest reply