Issue with address, agreed to cancel then re-list, sold to someone else...

negan
Community Member

This is more to vent as I know there is nothing I can do.

So, 1 of a kind card for auction. There is no others like it, this is the only one.

I win the auction.

I pay for the item. I realise after paying that the estimated delivery time is after I move out of my then current address.

My fault.

I contact the seller about it. They say they don't know what to do. A week later after no correspondence the item is marked as posted. I contact the seller about it. They say they didn't post it they just marked it as posted so they wouldn't get a warning. They still say they don't know what to do. They then message me again a few days later saying that I had to submit a cancel request so they could re-list the item for me to buy again. As it was marked as posted I couldn't submit a cancel request.

I woke up this morning to a message from the seller saying they unmarked it as posted, cancelled the item and re-listed it and I just had to send in the offer.

I was asleep when these messages were sent at 4:30am due to timezones.

As I expected I went to go put an offer on the item and it has been sold to someone else.

The seller has not replied to my 5+ messages regarding this.

I put it so much effort and apologised so many times for my error to make sure I got this item to the right address and the exact thing I tried to prevent happened. Now some other buyer gets the card that I've been monitoring for weeks to resolve.

I know there is nothing I can do now but leave negative feedback, I just wanted to vent and see if anyone else has had similar situations.

Again, if I had changed my address to being with, I would have gotten the card, it is ultimately my fault, but I believe I remained very professional and did everything I could to resolve the issue and the seller decided to do the wrong thing.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Issue with address, agreed to cancel then re-list, sold to someone else...

Can you not read? I said the SELLER had to make CHANGES! Not me, this is the first time I have entered the wrong address.
Message 51 of 61
Latest reply

@negan wrote:
Can you not read? I said the SELLER had to make CHANGES! Not me, this is the first time I have entered the wrong address.

So you buy from sellers who continually stuff up?

Riiight.

Message 53 of 61
Latest reply

negan
Community Member
I’ve bought over 300 items on eBay, is it not plausible that a handful of those have had issues???

My main primary posting address is a Po Box address.
I’ve had sellers tell me after the transaction that they don’t post to Po Boxes and I had to change the address. Most of them were rectified on the same day.
Message 54 of 61
Latest reply

Your original problem was that you had moved house and did not update your address in Paypal, or get in touch with AP and give them a forwarding address.

TBH, your problem, not the seller's.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 55 of 61
Latest reply

negan
Community Member
My problem? Wow it’s almost like I never mentioned it was 50 times already...and how I tried to fix that...
Message 56 of 61
Latest reply

But you still saw fit to leave the seller a negative.....well done.

Message 57 of 61
Latest reply

negan
Community Member
Seller did not commit to our agreement, took advantage of the situation to get more money. The seller should be thanking me that I **bleep**ed up and got them more money. Yes, if I didn’t **bleep** up the address from the start they would have sent the item at the price I paid but hey **bleep** happens, I tried to assist the seller to update my address but obvs that all went to **bleep** and I have learnt a very BIG lesson.
Message 58 of 61
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

But you still saw fit to leave the seller a negative.....well done.

and not even factual - the issue was with the buyer's address (as per the title of the thread), not postage

Message 59 of 61
Latest reply

That mail re-direction (I mentioned earlier)  would have been Oh So Simple.  But instead you are still here carrying on about your own stuff up.

Message 60 of 61
Latest reply