Item Not As Described advice needed

I have just received an item I ordered... It was supposed to be a brand new box of  GreenTeaX50 sachets x 30.. well that's how I interpreted the listing.

What I received was the 30 sachets, loose without the box. This wouldn't normally bother me, but I bought it for a secret santa gift for one of my health freak work colleagues & I expected a sealed box. I'm in debate whether to send it back - would it qualify as a SNAD item?

This is the item no 291967633612

Cheers 🙂

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Item Not As Described advice needed

Still, if I was the OP I would just move on and give the secret santa in a gift box.

After reading the feedback for that seller, the OP is lucky they got anything.

Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Still, if I was the OP I would just move on and give the secret santa in a gift box.

Why should they move on.

Why are they lucky to get anything ?

Its sellers like these that give buyers a sour experience of buying on eBay.  They should be held to account.

Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

Green Tea X50 Green Tea Starter Pack 30 packHow the goods are sent to market and depicted by other retailers - Packing is                                                                                         branded STARTER PACK -

X50-GREEN-TEA-STARTER-PACK-30-SERVES-MIX-OF-FLAVOURS  Photo from listing -    Listing title - x50 Green Tea Starter Pack 30

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Why should they move on.

Its sellers like these that give buyers a sour experience of buying on eBay.  They should be held to account.

OK, I'll type slowly for ya -

1 -The OP has bought for a secret santa, so the purchase is time sensitive.

They'll never buy from them again anyway.  Move on.   If they put in an INAD,

there goes the present, and they have the hassle of buying something

somewhere else.  And the office party is probably tomorrow.

2 -The seller has 6 negs for the past month, most saying they never got anything.

3 - The negs are there for potential buyers to read.  I would suggest enough negs will

make them accountable sooner or later.

OP can leave a neg to solidify it, if they want.

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

Green Tea X50 Green Tea Starter Pack 30 pack

On second thought.......I don't know that the work colleague would appreciate

a product that touts it's a fat-burner

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@thecatspjs wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Why should they move on.

OK, I'll type slowly for ya -

1 -The OP has bought for a secret santa, so the purchase is time sensitive.

They'll never buy from them again anyway.  Move on.   If they put in an INAD,

there goes the present, and they have the hassle of buying something

somewhere else.  And the office party is probably tomorrow.

2 -The seller has 6 negs for the past month, most saying they never got anything.

3 - The negs are there for potential buyers to read.  I would suggest enough negs will

make them accountable sooner or later.

OP can leave a neg to solidify it, if they want.

It would be really great if you read the posts of others, including the OPs.

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

I've been off ebay a day &  wow I didn't realise this thread had escalated!!  

To add insult to not having the green tea in a sealed box... the seller has sent the wrong flavours too. They do however have the expiry date on the individual sachets. I guess the seller is buying the larger boxers & splitting them up to maximise profit. I have no problem with that, but the listing should have stated 'individual sachets'. 

The guy who the gift is for is a regular user of this brand of green tea, which is why I wanted it in a sealed box. I ended up going to a B&M store & buying a box... I wish I had done that in the first place.

This seller has certainly left me with a sour experience, but I'll put it behind me & not let it put me off buying from ebay. 🙂

Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

Whilst I'm not sure you have been dudded, if you have already bought a replacement there is no harm in opening a SNAD case.

Unless you want to drink the stuff yourself Smiley Frustrated

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply