Item breaks after being worn for 2 months

karniblue
Community Member

I bought a fitbit wrist band from China. It broke after only 2 months of wearing it. But because the delivery took a long time, i don't remember how long, but it was at least 1 month, and it broke 2 months later, I can't leave any feedback anymore.  The limit to leave a feedback is 60 days after purchase. The seller doesn't want to take any responsibility. Is it acceptable that i should just accept the loss? Shouldn't the item have a reasonable durability? Although it's a cheap item, usd 1.72 but it's still not acceptable. 

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Item breaks after being worn for 2 months

It's a cheap item yes but no, I didn't expect it to perform like the real thing, that would have been absurd. But for something that broke after 2 months, is like throwing money to the trash. It's a total waste. 

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Like I said, you could have lost your Fitbit while out on a run.

It's happened more than once, that I've read, after people bought wristbands from China.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

There have been people who have come here to say they dropped their phone because the cheap case they bought broke and the phone slipped out.
@imastawka wrote:

Like I said, you could have lost your Fitbit while out on a run.

It's happened more than once, that I've read, after people bought wristbands from China.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

@karniblue wrote:

It's a cheap item yes but no, I didn't expect it to perform like the real thing, that would have been absurd. But for something that broke after 2 months, is like throwing money to the trash. It's a total waste. 

Yes, it is a waste of under $2 (oh the horror!), but you made the choice to buy cheap Chinese junk. You get what you pay for. 

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@karniblue wrote:

Well yeah, that's kind of the point of cheap items. As in, for the most part, they literally aren't designed for long-term use. At best they are stop-gap solutions, at worst you buy them 20 or even 100 times to get the same use out of them that buying one of the more expensive options provides - more often than not, you end up paying more for cheap things than you do for expensive things, in some cases the cheap ones are detrimental to your health when used long term.

eg I had some pliers that I bought here for $1 that lasted a lot longer than some expensive brand name pliers...mostly because the expensive ones had irreplaceable leaf springs that were a little too brittle for my heavy handed-ness, and the cheap ones just had a normal spring...that failed in weeks so I replaced it with  a new one and affixed it so it couldn't pop out like it kept doing before. I paid for the cheap ones in other ways, though, they were really hard on my hands while the expensive ones had nice, big padded handles designed for long-session use. In the end I bought some almost obnoxiously expensive heavy duty ones that are amazing and have lasted years, still going strong and don't make me feel like I'm developing carpal tunnel. 

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

It has cost you more then your $1.72 USD to type you complaint and get all hot and steamy over.

Really you knew you were buying junk, and now you expect gold plated service.  It's because of buyers like you that Ebay gets a bad name.  Don't buy rubbish.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Oh yes, I understand what you mean now. Yes, for sure. Have to count my blessing.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

OH gee, that is how bad these items are, I had no idea.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

You are a wonderfully sarcastic man/woman.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

No, just telling it how it is. I have also made the mistake of buying cheap Chinese junk because the photos looked glossy and professional. It only took me one time to realise that sometimes it's better to spend a bit more for quality that is going to last. I got 3 months out of the junk. I've had over 10 years out of the quality.

I'm guessing your $2 item also had free postage?

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply