Missing parcel. Seller won’t provide any help to find it and eBay sided with seller??? Help!

I have an item that has not arrived. I requested tracking info and was told the seller did not have this as 30 days had passed. Furthermore that, since 30 days was up, they were not obligated to keep tracking details and took no responsibility from that point.

Filed a case with eBay after seller proved unhelpful, they responded to the case saying 30 days no responsibility and asked eBay to review, eBay did and closed the case in sellers favour without me getting any right of reply. I appealed and almost immediately got a message saying the original decision was upheld. 

I have since then several times requested information to assist tracking down the parcel and seller has ignored all messages. Most recently when resending a previously ignored request the seller has told me quite rudely not to contact them any more and that if I do they will report to eBay. My requests have always been polite, never pushy. Like most people though, I don’t like or appreciate being ignored hence asking several times. And certainly don’t appreciate being abused. 

I’m now at the point where the seller and eBay are not helping and in light of the sellers refusal to give me anything to go with I’m now seeking advice here. Is there another option to appeal further or is 30 days all you get nowadays? 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Missing parcel. Seller won’t provide any help to find it and eBay sided with seller??? Help!

@papermoon.lady I can’t see any feedback response on my end using the app. He said he felt he had grounds to have my feedback removed as malicious (it was entirely factual and based on his lack of help despite asking multiple times) 

I’m unable to view that reply as every time I go to look it redirects from web to app. 

At the end of the day I just want the item or the ability to find it. Not too much to ask I feel. 

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

Re: Missing parcel. Seller won’t provide any help to find it and eBay sided with seller??? Help!

I am using a laptop and this is the response I see:

Pretty simple, this fellow tried to scam me, sent registered with signature required, after 7 weeks he contacts me blah blah, all rubbish, was polite etc but he still tried it on to get money out of me, I said no ( naturally) so he started a case against me and eBay investigated and ruled in my favor, so yes I could get this removed but have left it so anyone reading my feedback knows, I am honest and send items by registered post, natural if any problems occur please contact me asap. Cheers

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:

@papermoon.lady I can’t see any feedback response on my end using the app. He said he felt he had grounds to have my feedback removed as malicious (it was entirely factual and based on his lack of help despite asking multiple times) 

I’m unable to view that reply as every time I go to look it redirects from web to app. 

At the end of the day I just want the item or the ability to find it. Not too much to ask I feel. 

The reply to your feedback:

"Pretty simple, this fellow tried to scam me, sent registered with signature required, after 7 weeks he contacts me blah blah, all rubbish, was polite etc but he still tried it on to get money out of me, I said no ( naturally) so he started a case against me and eBay investigated and ruled in my favor, so yes I could get this removed but have left it so anyone reading my feedback knows, I am honest and send items by registered post, natural if any problems occur please contact me asap. Cheers"

Edit: Snap Papermoon!

Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

Don't worry about your ebay feedback or the seller's, for that matter.

Feedback is just a nice little add on extra but it is a side issue.

All that matters is you did not receive your item.

Ebay appeal is finished, you're not going to get anywhere, you've done your best there.

Go straight to paypal now. Open your claim. Item never received and seller could not   supply details of any tracking number, despite claiming he would send the item that way.

What happens then (if you are not given an automatic refund, which I think you probably will be) is that the system will generate a cut off date, a date by which you'll need to have either resolved everything with the seller or else proceeded to a claim. Likely to be about 2-3 weeks away.

It will give the seller time to reply. In fact, the dispute will say-waiting on seller's reply.

The seller will then need to reply with details of the tracking number, when posted etc

If they respond with what they said to you-that they have no tracking number etc after 30 days, then basically there is no proof they posted anything, is there?

Your reply to that is you have not yet received your item and you requested the tracking number several times but have never been given it. Could they please supply evidence it was ever sent or delivered as you never got it.

Don't let the claim time out, jump in to claim the refund before the closing date.

But I really think you'll probably get an automatic refund. Please let us know how you go. Good luck.

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

Springyzone it’s not much to expect to get a little info. I realise that once posted things can go wrong and if it’s gone missing and was indeed sent registered then that’s a post office issue to assist with. However the seller isn’t helping himself by being so defensive or aggressive towards me and obviously doesn’t realise that failing to assist the post office to locate it means I have no other option but to go back to him via PayPal now. 

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

Yes, deliveries sometimes go wrong, that's why sellers should always include tracking info when available, particularly if they don't intend to keep it themselves after 30 days.

Australia Post can't help without tracking number. The item could have been delivered to the wrong address for some reason, or it could still be at some post office.

Once I notified a seller that a parcel had not moved for 3 weeks, so she asked at her local post office on the same day, and the parcel was scanned in Sydney (Chullora) within 2 hours. If I had not had the tracking number or if I had not asked, it might never have been delivered.

Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

Springyzone went in and lodged through PayPal and provided all the screenshots and they closed in my favour immediately so alls well that ends well. 

Thanks for the help. 

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

Excellent news, well done Paypal.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

I really, really hope we will still be able to use it after July this year!

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

Well, well, well now.

Won't that seller get a nice surprise!

Message 30 of 39
Latest reply