My Feedback comment has disappeared.

I left a negative feedback on a click and collect item I bought from a seller. The purchase was made on 22nd May 2015 and the order status is "Your order is being prepared".  I contacted the seller after about a week to get an update, I received an out of office reply. The seller is a major electronics retail company in Australia. After another email they responded saying there was no stock and they offered me a refund even though you cannot order a click and collect item unless the store has stock. So I left negative feedback. This feedback has since disappeared. I cannot see it on the sellers feedback page and I can't see it on my feedback left for others page. I can see the feedback left by the seller. The transaction is still in my ebay summary and it says I've left feedback but it's nowhere to be found. Who would have deleted it?

I did complain to the retailers FB page and the item was eventually received, but it hasn't been completed on ebay and the feedback is missing. I would like the negative feedback to stand, as the retailer does provide poor service as their high negative feedback will attest. This was my first purchase online with this retailer and they've received 65 negative feedbacks in the last month, so it's not just me........

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: My Feedback comment has disappeared.

they are a protected species i'm afraid.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Im only guessing here, but im thinking that because you got a refund, that clears a *transaction* so your negative feedback could be removed at the sellers request.

Like i said....  im only guessing.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

Im only guessing here, but im thinking that because you got a refund, that clears a *transaction* so your negative feedback could be removed at the sellers request.

Like i said....  im only guessing.

The OP didn't get a refund. A refund was offered for out of stock, but then the item arrived after the OP complained on their FB page.

If the sellers name was mentioned in the feedback, that could have been why it was removed. Now I'm guessing, but could bad mouthing Click and Collect be the same as badmouthing the GSP, meaning any bad feedback in reference to that shipping method could be removed? Did you mention the Click and Collect in the feedback?

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

i-love-my-sheep,

If the sellers name was mentioned in the feedback, that could have been why it was removed. Now I'm guessing, but could bad mouthing Click and Collect be the same as badmouthing the GSP, meaning any bad feedback in reference to that shipping method could be removed? Did you mention the Click and Collect in the feedback?

So, does Ebay think it's OK to bad mouth a seller (Ebay doesn't remove any f/back if the seller's or a buyer's id names are included, that is only a no - no here on the boards) - but not the others?

And OP,  aren't you glad that the f/back was removed - you most definitely don't want any "evidence" of your trigger happy methods to stay for ever to the day?

Especially after you have actually received the item.

What makes you think it's OK to trash someone's reputation, just because they run out of stock momentarilly, and then sent your item?

They obviously haven't left the country with your money!

If it was a big store, or anyone for that matter - things like that happen even with greatest dilligence on seller's part - it still in no way makes them deserving of of a bad f/back.

And then you wander where has the f/back gone!

I would have breathed a huge sigh of relief, and been eternally grateful to someone with a good sense to have it removed

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

No offence fixnwear BUT you really need to go take a look at who the OP is talking about, the

pathetic % they have and the consistently neg feedback for exact same issue as OP.

One would have to wonder how many more negs have been removed because of who that seller is-

pretty pathetic behaviour by ebay really.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I wish they had green, grey and red buttons for me to choose from everytime i leave their B&M store. I dont think they would have to worry about the green or grey buttons wearing out. Their service is atrocious and it worsens if the customer is older and then worsens a little bit more if the customer is an older female. I took my nephew in there once to carry my purchase for me and they offered to serve him but didn't ask me if i wanted any help.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

No, I'm not happy that the comment was removed. The comment was justified. I have not named anyone and I certainly didn't "trash" anyone. The negative feedback was left so the store could see their practices are damaging their reputation and with the hope that they might fix their problem. This store has a policy (as I found out) that if a "click and collect" item runs out, they will not source another item. To my way of thinking, if you buy a "click and collect" item, that item should be reserved, because you cannot finish a transaction if the store has no stock, so when I ordered the item, the store had stock. If they can't sort it out, then they shouldn't offer "click and collect" as their reputation (as per their ebay feedback) is suffering.

fixnwear, you might not think that the store deserves negative feedback, but I do. I have only left negative feedback twice in the 11 years I've been a member and I've bought hundreds of items so I take the responsibility very seriously. If I leave negative feedback, it's warranted. All I asked was, who would have removed it, I don't need to be lectured.......
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

EBay would have removed it because they are one of the protected sellers. They can do whatever they like with no ramifications. If they say jump, eBay asks how high?. Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do about the removal, but you could try replying to the feedback they left for you to tell your side of the story.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

With nearly 700 neg, neut and revised feedback and a percentage of 98.9 I hardly think they are being protected by having feedback removed without cause. If that were true then their totssl wuld be a lot less and their perentage higher.  One look at that and I wouldn't have purchased from their ebay store..

As the OP hasn't said exactly what they said it is impossible to know if they breached feedback policy or not.

I must say that I have always found our local store to be most helpful and efficient and I am both old and female lol

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply