Not as describe?

*kats*
Community Member
Hi everyone, this might be a silly question but haven't had this issue before when buying so thought I would ask the brains!:)

I bought a dress recently and recieved it today. On looking over it, it is missing an embellishment and is quite marked/possibly stained and dry cleanable only so can't tell yet if they will come out.

The item description doesn't mention these, nor that it was in good condition, just that it has been worn once so I don't know if that technically can be not as described as condition wasn't mentioned at all.

I have contacted the seller but no word yet - not jumping the gun but just want to see where I stand:)

Thanks in advance:)
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Not as describe?

*kats*
Community Member

Thanks, I will sit on my hands:) will I just go to the dry cleaner and ask if they think the marks will come out so I can think if I want to keep it or send it back:)

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

*kats*
Community Member

Okies, so I haven't heard back from the seller yet (only has been just under a day) - what sort of time frame should I wait in case of no reply to open a dispute?

I was thinking about messaging this - just thought I would see if you guys think it is all okay before sending.:)

Hi, hope you got my last message:)

I looked over it very thoroughly last night to grab photos of all the imperfections in case you wanted to see and noticed a few more things than the obvious marking I first saw - it is heavily marked with what looks like water marks/spilled drink more than first noticed and some small dark marks, plus dark marks around the straps, either dirt or fake tan?, and one of the belt loop holes is broken, plus an embellishment next to the one which is missing from it's casing is loose. Just wondering if the dress was cleaned before sending to see if it is possible these marks will come out.

I really love the dress and happy to keep it if you refund back the dry cleaning cost if it wasn't cleaned and alteration cost which shouldn't be much, otherwise will have to open a dispute that it isn't as described to send it back for a refund if I don't hear back from you in a few days.:(

Sorry for all this, definitely not a change of mind purchase though:(

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Gives them the option to rectify their error without alienating them too much. Maybe drop the bit about opening a dispute until you get an answer either way. Otherwise you might get their back up - remembering that they didn't adequately describe in the first place.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply