Not as describe?

*kats*
Community Member
Hi everyone, this might be a silly question but haven't had this issue before when buying so thought I would ask the brains!:)

I bought a dress recently and recieved it today. On looking over it, it is missing an embellishment and is quite marked/possibly stained and dry cleanable only so can't tell yet if they will come out.

The item description doesn't mention these, nor that it was in good condition, just that it has been worn once so I don't know if that technically can be not as described as condition wasn't mentioned at all.

I have contacted the seller but no word yet - not jumping the gun but just want to see where I stand:)

Thanks in advance:)
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Not as describe?

Alannah Hill Dress, Worn Once Size 12

The listing says at the top to see description for any imperfections.

As there was no imperfections described then the seller has NOT described it properly and the item is not as described.

Give the seller a couple of days to offer help and they do not at lest offer a partial refund to cover the cost of cleaning and repairs then open a dipsute for item not as described and escalate to a clam.

You will be given the address from paypal to return the dress by signature required post at your cost to get the total amount you paid to the seller.

Even if the seller gives the address to return it still open and escalate the dispute so you get the right address for your protection to return it too.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Not as describe?

*kats*
Community Member

Thanks so much sparklz ๐Ÿ™‚ I thought as much but wasn't totally clear on how NAD qualifies. A shame as it's so gorgeous so I am a bit bummed. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Damn title typo! That should be descibed, not describe. B-)

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Not as describe?

If you like the dress very much, perhaps ask a dry cleaner what percentage of the stain they are confident in getting out.

Maybe you can rectify all yourself until you're happy with it and settle for partial refund if offered.

(Another typo, but we know what you meant. described) ๐Ÿ™‚

image host
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Not as describe?

I thought that clothing has to be cleaned before it is allowed to be sold?  If she wore it once and did not have it cleaned then she broke the regulation.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Not as describe?

Yes, only clean used clothing can be listed on ebay.

However the OP did not say the dress was not cleaned, only that it was quite marked or stained.  The dress may well have been cleaned and the cleaning was unsuccessful in removing the marks.

The OP has more than enough of a not as described claim to proceed with if the dress has missing embellishments and stains and marks that were not described in the listing.  

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Not as describe?

*kats*
Community Member

Ahh, great idea, will do that tomorrow:) they mainly are water marks/spilled drink and what looks like fake tan or dirt around the straps, so will see. Also found the belt loop string on one side is broken:(

Me too super nova - kind hoping it hasn't been cleaned so it definitely isn't stained.:( otherwise, ew!

LOL, I really have it together tonight don't I! I thought my iPhone fixes any spelling mistakes!

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Not as describe?

This reminds me of feedback that I saw one buyer leave a seller:

" If really worn once only - Must have been one hell of a night ! "

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Not as describe?

*kats*
Community Member

Lol! Indeed!!

I'm thinking...hoping the stains come out, the water marks look similar to what I've gotten on a great night;) not sure about the fake tan and what looks like tiny chocolate marks, hoping maybe will sun bleach.

The problem with the missing embellishment is it is in the centre and they have metal encased so all that is left is an obvious metal case so can't just grab one in a less obvious spot off the belt and stick it there instead, and it isn't in the parcel it came in - zooming in on the listing photos looks like it is missing in there too. One next to it is hanging by a thread too:(

I'm starting to doubt it was worn once as Alannah Hill dresses are NOT cheap and are great quality so find it suprising to have things loose/broken.

I've taken photos of all the marks (going over it so thoroughly after messaging the seller and on here, there are so many more than first noticed that were obvious), I'm kind of tempted to open a NADD as above I have more than enough proof that it is not in expected condition but I guess I should wait a few days to see what she says?

Thanks everyone for your help:):)

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Not as describe?

Just a thought, If your going to make a NAD claim it maybe wise not to touch it at all.

Because if ebay PP say send it back the seller may claim its been tampered with.

I would not attempt to do anything until you decide if you want to keep it or not.

I do believe it has to go back to the seller then they have to say its as it was sent. obviosly if you tamper with it it wont be. Just a thought.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply