Offensive message from seller - how to report to eBay?

I remember there used to be a report link on the eBay messages if you received an offensive reply from another member. Can't seem to find it anywhere in the full or mobile version.

I asked a question about the authenticity of an item (100% definitely a fake) and copped a tirade of F words and worse. Serious chip on his shoulder. And yes Aussie seller.
Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

This suggest to me that you believe that sellers who have...

Can you clarify what you mean by 'payment options?'

After all, that is what you asked the seller

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Well that's interesting. I have a store and a couple of non-store accounts. All of which I operate from home in the evening.

99%. That suggests you have asked more than 100 questions recently. And bought 24 items in 10 years. I would be less than polite if you asked me the sort of questions I think you ask, given the apparent ratio between questions and purchases seems to be somewhat skewed. And you wouldn't get a warning about being blocked.

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

Ah no it doesn't suggest over a 100 questions. It's a general point. 

By 'payemt options' I asked if they could clraify a general ball park figure on their

'Buy it Now, or Best Offer'.

I think from the general tone of the responses here I'll leave it at that. 

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

a general ball park figure on their 'Buy it Now, or Best Offer'.

Why didn't you just make an offer?   You can make 3 offers to ascertain what

price the seller will accept.  A seller will usually counter offer.

So then you know what the ball park figure is

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

@marty7188 wrote:

Ah no it doesn't suggest over a 100 questions. It's a general point. 

By 'payemt options' I asked if they could clraify a general ball park figure on their

'Buy it Now, or Best Offer'.

I think from the general tone of the responses here I'll leave it at that. 

Ah yes it does. If you've had one bad (in your opinion) answer then in order to state that 99% are good definitely intimates that you've asked 100 questions. Given you also stated it is stores (plural) that don't try to beg for your custom, it would also indicate that there has been more than 1 'bad' answer, thus several hundred questions asked for 24 purchases over 10 years.

That is called exaggeration or hyperbole. Or 'alternative facts' if you're American. Either way, not the truth.

I doubt many of us are going to cry ourselves to sleep over your issues, which would never have arisen if you had have simply made an offer. Then you would have known what was acceptable or not and would have had another 2 chances to offer an acceptable figure. THAT is the point of 'Best Offer'.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

@marty7188 wrote:

99% of recent messages to Sellers have been wonderful...courteous, fruendly and even funny. I have to say the vast majority

of these cases have been sellers operating from 'home' who have an item they just want to sell, and don't have a chip on their

shoulder. Oddly it's the stores who have been less so. 

This suggest to me that you believe that sellers who have an ebay store are also retail sellers.....you also mentioned that the seller's "store" was located in Melbourne.

If this is the case then you are sadly mistaken.   Very few ebay sellers with stores are also sellers with retail stores.  By far the greater number of ebay sellers work from home and most of them only do it part time.

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

a general ball park figure on their 'Buy it Now, or Best Offer'.

Why didn't you just make an offer?   You can make 3 offers to ascertain what

price the seller will accept.  A seller will usually counter offer.

So then you know what the ball park figure is

Sounds to me like they were actually asking "what's the lowest you'll take?"  Even if it's not seen as actually being offensive, it's hardly polite and courteous either.  

If sellers were willing to disclose the lowest they'd take, they may as well list at that price and be done with it, so a lot would take offence at being asked.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply