Only pictures of ten top items show in my search, rest are blank, can't sort into Highest Price etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else finding looking for things on ebay useless now?  For the last few days, when I search for let's say, a Barbie doll, the list only has pics beside the first ten listings, then the rest are blank. And I can't sort it by Highest Price, Lowest price etc anymore, just doesn't work. Pointless looking here any more.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Only pictures of ten top items show in my search, rest are blank, can't sort into Highest Price

imastawka
Honored Contributor

No problems here.

Try clearing cookies and cache, and if using IE then ditch it.

Ebay doesn't support IE any more

Use Firefox or Chrome instead.

And download an adblocker to speed up the process.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Re: Only pictures of ten top items show in my search, rest are blank, can't sort into Highest Price

i've got the same problem - no images beyond the first 10 or so and can't sort search results at all.  Have done all the cache stuff and am using chrome...

I don't know if th issue is only for browser/website as I don't do the phone app ever.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I just tried your "barbie doll" search and had no problems. What did concern me a bit though was the barbie doll dressed in black lingere with lace neck choker.   Item number 112415247976

I,m pretty tolerant and what adults do for fun is their own business, but do we really need to be hyper-sexualising little girls with this sort of garbage ???

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Mine has been screwed up for weeks.

Using Firefox with latest update, but was doing the same before the update last week.

I have a number of saved searches, all set up with the filters I want.

Now when I go to those searches, I get between 20 & 25 listings showing, all with the largest view and missing some of the normal info that was showing like the listing date. 

There is no sort box or any ability to refine what is showing or how it is being shown.

The only way I can get the search results to display the way they have always been is to scroll right down to the bottom of the page and click on "show all results".

My only saved search that still works the same as before is the one which always returns the largest number of listings...

More moronic behaviour by the Ebay tech monkeys, who are directed by the "executives" who manage this endlessly frustrating company.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

it has been happening for about a week, I have tried 3 different browsers and 2 isps and 3 different computers, it seems that most people affected by the problem are in Queensland. I reported it on Monday but so far no change, so the more people that report it the sooner they will fix it

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply.  I have cleared the cache etc. and still have the problem with more than one search engine. When it first started, ebay asked for 24-48 hours to fix, which they did, and then it happened again, twice.  Now they tell me to get someone in to look at my computer. So are we all having the same computer problem? As it is, it is useless for buying or selling.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I have the same problem. Fixed by ebay twice and now it is happening again. It is impossible to use the site as it is.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

This has been going on for over a week now  - many peopel affected but and there have been lots of similar threads on these boards.  until recently ebay were ( apparenlty ) denying there was a problem and were suggesting that there were various issues with various individuals's computers,

I emailed them this morning, to say I was ending all my listings as I was not remotely confident tht anyone much could actually see them.

I was quite ( pleasantly) surpised to get this reply:

"Thank you for contacting eBay about the search engine.

I already sent a report about this one and don't worry our IT department are now working on it since this is really an issue from our site. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing eBay, have a great day."

So at least they are now acknowledging there IS a problem, so hopefully it will be fixed sooner rather than later.

cheers

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

yep , same here for the last 2 weeks or so. At home on my desktop PC and my mackbook pro. 

I'm with optus. wondering if that is an issue?

my PC at work is fine.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply