Order not delivered by the Seller

desilpushp
Community Member

Hi All,  We are seeking help from the community.

We have placed an order with ebay (the seller ) for two lots of Table tennis balls some five months ago. They have been saying all sorts of excuses and that they will deliver every time we enquire. This occurred a several times and we therefore asked for a refund and now the seller is not even responding. We also requested ebay to intervene to get our money back. 

We are very very disappointed that ebay has not only not helping to contact the seller on our behalf,  they continue to provide a platform for this type of sellers who are free to cheat their customers like us to collect our hard earn money. We want to know who else had trouble with this seller or similar as this has to be exposed and there has to be rules around this type of matters.

I intend to discuss this in every social media platform until ebay does the right thing by intervening to resolve our issue. We made the payment to ebay trusting their brand, not some unknown seller.  Thanks for any tips.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Order not delivered by the Seller ID confertilot

Thanks for any tips.

1.  Don't make a fool of yourself, trying to big note yourself, when you have no idea what you are talking about.

2. Learn your legal obligations, before making comments on any  public forums.

3. Buy your ping pong balls from Australia

4. Check Sellers FB before you buy.   96.6% is not a high score.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. We are new to this type of sellers as we did not experience this before. The question we should be asking is why a reputed company like eBay does not check these crooks and allow them to cheat. It should not be up to us to be mindful of where they are registered. I am sure most of them are genuine and good to their customers regardless of the ethnic background. On top of that seller lied about where the goods comes from, they said it is Switzerland. 
I have asked eBay to intervene but they said no, I asked the seller to help but they have not replied for the 10th time. No refund was offered. So I am campaigning to educate everyone to avoid eBay altogether as there are multi platforms who sell things. Thanks again. who sell things. Thanks again. 

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I did try to raise with eBay but each time they said reach out to the seller. The Confertilot knew this and promised to send it back and dragged on, by which time 30 days passed. 

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Yes I can blame eBay because they said 30 days but also said please approach Confertilot (seller). When I did they said we are resending and have me a date. That is when I told eBay that they are using the system and making sure I am passed the 30 day threshold. EBay should have taken the second delivery date I.e. November and I was wishing 30 days from that date to raise it.  

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

So are you saying you did try to open an item mot received dispute within the time limit and it would not allow you to?

Does not sound likely 

eBay is ALL about the buyer, even in the cases where the buyer is the scammer

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

The forum members cannot help you if you choose to remain ignorant of what to do.

Simple.

Since you have passed the delivery date, go to Paypal right now and open a case. Stop communicating with the seller, who is obviously NOT sending you a replacement. 

Do not close the case until you have a refund, no matter what the seller says!

Good grief!

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

@desilpushp wrote:

Thanks for your reply. We are new to this type of sellers as we did not experience this before. The question we should be asking is why a reputed company like eBay does not check these crooks and allow them to cheat. It should not be up to us to be mindful of where they are registered. I am sure most of them are genuine and good to their customers regardless of the ethnic background. On top of that seller lied about where the goods comes from, they said it is Switzerland. 
I have asked eBay to intervene but they said no, I asked the seller to help but they have not replied for the 10th time. No refund was offered. So I am campaigning to educate everyone to avoid eBay altogether as there are multi platforms who sell things. Thanks again. who sell things. Thanks again. 

---------------------

Yes I can blame eBay because they said 30 days but also said please approach Confertilot (seller). When I did they said we are resending and have me a date. That is when I told eBay that they are using the system and making sure I am passed the 30 day threshold. EBay should have taken the second delivery date I.e. November and I was wishing 30 days from that date to raise it.  

---------------------------

I can see your point. I have never had to raise an issue like this with ebay but from what I have read, they normally tell people to contact the seller to resolve issues etc. To my mind, honest buyers can and do get caught out with this time and again because they are too trusting and don't proceed with an ebay claim because the seller has promised to resend.

I do believe ebay could do more about this in that if the history shows a buyer raised a concern within the 30 days and the messages show the seller promised to resend etc but didn't, then there could be consequences or restrictions on the seller's account.

However, there aren't and it is unlikely that there will be. Ebay wants to be as automated as possible and it is easier to just use the 30 day cut off rather than actually have anyone look much into individual cases.

Unfortunately there are some sellers who abuse the system and the minute they saw you, with a feedback score of 7, they would have suspected you were not a seasoned buyer and might not be familiar with all the terms and conditions.

However, if you paid via paypal you have 180 days in which to make a claim. Don't delay a single day longer. Open a claim now if you can. And follow through with it no matter what the seller says.

The seller isn't responding to you now because it is well over 30 days and they think they are safe, so surprise them.

In future if you buy on ebay and have trouble, don't even bother too much with communicating with a seller. A quick message is okay but if they don't refund within 48 hours, you just go ahead with your ebay claim no matter what they promise.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

It is obvious that the buyer has not even bothered to read the buyers help section at a bare minimum.

They started this thread almost 10 days ago, and still have not opened a Paypal case either, even though they were advised to do so by several people. 

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Can't help those who won't help themselves.

I don't believe the OP even opened a case with ebay - just did the back and forth thing

ad infinitum with CS and the seller.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

OP,

PayPal Buyer Protection - Open a Dispute

You can still open a claim in PayPal using PayPal Buyer Protection (you have up to 180 days to open a dispute, and once you've opened the dispute, you must escalate the dispute to a claim NO LATER than 20 days after opening the dispute).

Do not - absolutely do NOT - close the dispute without getting your full refund. The seller could promise a refund, tell you that you need to close the dispute in order to get the refund, and that would be that - you'd be stuck from that moment onwards, because once closed a PayPal dispute can't be re-opened.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply