Pick ups during Melbourne lockdown

I cannot find any info regarding pick ups during Stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne. What is the situation if the pick up location is greater than 5km?
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Pick ups during Melbourne lockdown

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Extremely easy for them to set up parameters for Melbourne
Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

Then, by all means, go to Help at the top or bottom of every page and guide them.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Not too sure about ebay being responsible.  Melbourne residents should refrain from advertising their goods as pick up.  Surely they know the rules about lockdown as well.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

@daydreams_12 wrote:

Surely they know the rules about lockdown as well.

Judging by the news reports, many don't or they don't believe the lock-down rules apply to them.........original.gif

"Stage 5 lock-downs" coming if they continue to ignore those rules I reckon.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Surely a buyer can do some level of due diligence? Like maybe seeing if postage is available.

I am forever amazed at the fact that buyers expect to have their hands held through the entire buying process and that if anything goes wrong it can't ever be their fault.

Apart from the fact that hand holding isn't advised currently...

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

@jogian-16 wrote:
The reason for my question was due to the fact ebay is permitting sellers to select pick up as the only option. Hard to comprehend how ebay permits this, but to all those passing judgement around whether I myself was breaking the rules stop being so presumptuous.

Well, you're posting in the 'Buying' section of the forum, and were asking about picking up beyond the 5km limitโ€”what are people meant to think?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

Exactly right

Lucky I did'nt say what I really thought

Anyone who wants  head patting need to contact eBay

Most people here give honest answers 

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Being a Melburnian,  I thought the answer was bleedin' obvious.

Don't know why you'd really need to ask.

Unless you're one of those  "I've got sovereign rights" numnuts.

Doesn't matter if ebay allows it in the listings.

It's just plain common sense.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@sandypebbles wrote:

It is rather alarming how flippant people are about the situation 

Sure, stage four lockdown, why not go visit a stranger to pick up a non-essential item for fun

Why not hey

Maybe this is the reason Victoria has nearly 8,000 current COVID-19 cases..........words fail me...........

Padi, I'm in the metropolitan Melbourne area. Most of us feel exactly as you do, I think. This is horrible for the whole country, although we are the ones confined and curfewed. Every time that I hear of someone flouting the health advice and behaving like a selfish, ignorant, logic-defying hog, I am incredulous all over again.

Some people just do not seem to get it. In their mind, it's "Oh, I'll just pop over and grab that [inessential item]" or "I'll just pass this person in the supermarket aisle because I want to get to the [insert food item] without bothering about 1.5 m social distancing" or whatever it may be.

(Admittedly I don't see valid reason for the curfew; I've read Premier Andrews' explanation. I don't agree on the necessity. But it's not my decision to make and I abide by the curfew... The 5km distance requirement has validitly and I agree with it. However, the sort of people who will flout the curfew just because they disagree with it are the same sort of people (I think) who flout all the other requirements and advices such as hand hygiene, social distancing, getting tested immediately if feeling slightly unwell, staying home after being tested until/unless receiving the all-clear, not going to work if able to work at home, staying isolated as required if COVID-19-positive, wearing an adequate mask, etc.)

Earlier in this crisis, I was not in favour of the average person in Australia wearing masks. I thought the risk outweighed any benefit, and also had the side-effect of reducing much-needed PPE for doctors and nurses and pathology collectors and pathologists being exposed in close quarters to COVID-19. Given the increased evidence of aerosol transmission, and also given the alarming rate of community transmission throughout Melbourne, I have changed my mind - with the caveat that I still think there are risks due to people not knowing how to handle masks properly. Too many people touching their masks while out and about...! Too many people reusing single-use masks! Improper disposal of used masks...! Oh well - that's another speech for another soapbox.

In my area I see a high degree of compliance with masks (although before Stage 4 but during "masks mandated" I saw one bull-faced man unmasked walking towards a Bunnings which I'd just exited... just waiting for someone to say something to him. The expression on his face was "Yeah? Go on, blondie. Tell me to put on a mask. Go on." Obstreperousness oozed from him like foul pus from a purulent wound.)

I didn't challenge him. I didn't want his breath all over me. Instead, I used my iPhone and called the hotline. If he had a valid reason for not wearing a mask, he could explain it to the police.

Perhaps it's ironic that SARS-CoV-2 is a virus that's more rebellious and intent on getting its own way than any supurating clay-brained gutted knotty pated fool claiming sovereign citizenship - and it's certainly more adept at finding loopholes and wreaking its devastation. Any time that someone

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply