Pick ups during Melbourne lockdown

I cannot find any info regarding pick ups during Stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne. What is the situation if the pick up location is greater than 5km?
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I somehow chopped off my last phrase.

What I had written...

Any time that someone ignores the health advice, refuses to wear a mask in public, doesn't maintain social distancing, etc., they're giggling inanely at the virus which is saying in an inexporably monosyllabic tone, "Do you feel lucky?"

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@sandypebbles wrote:

It is rather alarming how flippant people are about the situation 

Sure, stage four lockdown, why not go visit a stranger to pick up a non-essential item for fun

Why not hey

Maybe this is the reason Victoria has nearly 8,000 current COVID-19 cases..........words fail me...........

I agree that some people are a bit flippant.

Like countess, I have seen people brazenly walking about without a mask. Mind you, not at the shopping centre, but on my walks, which are along a walkway.

It isn't crowded, only pass the occasional person but all the same, I would expect them to at least have a mask with them. I too have encountered the look that says "I dare you to say anything."

It's the age of entitlement for some people, for sure.

I do think police & community tolerance is disappearing though and police are not taking as much nonsense.

There was a local case here where a man was caught speeding at something like 136kph in an 80 zone-at 3.30am in the morning. No reason to be out & about, high on drugs. I guess he was speeding as he had the roads pretty much to himself but the reason he gave police was he was rushing to get home in time for the curfew. They told him he was running 7 and a half hours late and fined him.

I don't think this is the main reason Vic has thousands of cases though. What people in other states need to realise is most people here are doing the right thing. This is just a virus that has the potential for exponential growth. Here in Melbourne we have high population numbers, we have high numbers of migrants, it is winter and the virus escaped quarantine and went into the community..

Sure, we have our share of idiots & that doesn't help, but I would guess that is the same everywhere. What happened here could happen in any large city, there isn't anything special about Melbourne. That is the really scary thing.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@jogian-16 wrote:
I cannot find any info regarding pick ups during Stage 4 lockdown in Melbourne. What is the situation if the pick up location is greater than 5km?

If you have seen something you desperately want and it can't be posted, the seller may be happy to hold it for you until the restrictions are lifted, once you have paid for it of course.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

@jogian-16 wrote:

If you have seen something you desperately want and it can't be posted, the seller may be happy to hold it for you until the restrictions are lifted, once you have paid for it of course.

Just what I was going to suggest.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply