Please help!

Hi guys,

So here is my situation:

- I order 1400$ worth of goods and it delivery to wrong address, which is not my fault ( the seller said this him self) 

- I ask for a full refund and he only offer 500$
- I then open a case on ebay ask for help, however i received "Final decision: A refund won't be issued for this case " without any furthur explaining

- The buyer then send me an email saids he already full refund which i havent see anything

- The case close!

I'm worry since i havent see anything in my creditcard or any statement proof that he have refund, the case already close by ebay. Am i in a bad situation? What should i do now?

If anyone know would be much apperciated. Thanks all!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Please help!

But.....it also says on the top of the purchase order that $1430 has been refunded

by the seller.

Have you checked your Paypal or credit card for the refund?

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

According to that photo you have been refunded the full amount.

The refunded amount will go back to your credit card and take a few days to show.

Nothing more for you to do now except wait for it to appear.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Why did the seller send the goods to the wrong address?

Why did the seller have the wrong address in the first place?

WHAT address did you tell the seller to send to?

The seller obviously got the wrong address from somewhere. The only realistic answer is it was supplied by you. Why should the seller be liable for YOUR mistake?

Reading your post all I can say is....you can be so wrong sometimes. Smiley Mad

I once had a purchase sent to the wrong address and it WAS the seller's mistake.  According to him, he had somehow managed to mix parts of my address with another customer's.  I never got my item.  I imagine the other person didn't get theirs either.  Fortunately I got a full refund though it took a while.

Since when were sellers perfect?  Though most of my purchases have gone well, I've had sellers who forgot to send my item, sent the wrong thing, sent items with parts missing.....do I need to go on?  Some times sellers make honest mistakes, and sometimes they play the 'my child/mother/whoever has been ill' card as an excuse.  Fortunately, some of them also own up to the truth and we try and sort it out so that no one gets angry.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Hi chasingsun360 , I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma. Tell me, if you have the details of the wrong address, have you tried to send a letter to that address to contact the people? In some cases with rental properties, people can just assume that letters and parcels belong to previous tenants. If they are honest people they may hang on to them incase a previous tenant comes or they give the letters / packages to the landlord.

Anyway, I hope that your issue gets fixed to your satisfaction. Good luck.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

The OP doesn't have the address of the recipient. They could see by the tracking it was delievered to a different area to them. The seller may not even know what mistake he made, so the OP could go to that address and ask for it. I had an express satchel left on my doorstep a few weeks ago. Correct address, but I had no idea who the name on the label was.

Luckily it had the store's label on the back (it wasn't an eBay item, it was an iPhone fix place), including their email address, so I sent an email to let them know. I said if they were happy to give me the intended recipients address, I'd deliver it. Turns out they'd written 24 instead of 246 (it was handwritten). I dropped it off that afternoon and didn't even get so much as a thank you. Even the store was so grateful they sent another email the next day thanking me profusely!

It sounds like the OP has been refunded in full, but it hasn't showed up on their credit card yet.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply