Prices Quoted in Forign Currencies and Addresses default to Russia

snail53
Community Member

Why are sites supplying out of China list their prices in Russian rubles and the delivery address default to an address in Russia

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Prices Quoted in Forign Currencies and Addresses default to Russia

I'm getting US dollars.

And I doubt that the item is genuine, or safe.

Maybe the rouble is telling you not to deal with Chinese sellers of electronics. Cheap is usually nasty, and unsafe. If it burns your house down there is a very good chance your insurance won't cover you.

And regardless of what the seller might say, you DO NOT have an enforceable warranty.

Go to a real shop and buy a real Samsung battery. Or at least one that is actually compatible and has a warranty attached.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I see that item in US $

It's listed on ebay.com

I wouldn't have bought.     Seller's percentage is 97.7%

Negs say the batteries don't hold the charge.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@snail53 wrote:

Why are sites supplying out of China list their prices in Russian rubles and the delivery address default to an address in Russia

Out of interest, I just tried it. (from this site, Australian ebay)

I am getting it showing in Australian dollars and it says the item is coming from China.

However, the bit that interested me is that the seller is shown as located in Lithuania.

So in other words, I doubt he has the products at all or is posting them. He must have contacts in China or deal with a distribution site there.

Personally, I would buy batteries from Australia only but if you feel you must buy something from China, I'd at least try to get it directly from a Chinese seller. I can only see complications arising if you buy from a Lithuanian who then has to arrange postage out to you from China. I would have steered clear of this seller and in the future if I were you, I'd think twice about what you buy from overseas, especially electricals etc

You'll just make your life (and any returns or problems) more complicated. The price alone shouldn't be your bottom line on ebay.battery aust dollars.PNG

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

The italics in the AU price means it's a currency conversion, springy.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks dave. I guess all items coming from overseas would have to be in currency conversions?

I think I would have been wary with that particular item. Not keen on things like batteries from China and having an item located in China but the seller in Lithuania... To me, it doesn't sound ideal.

I'm willing to admit I am probably not the world's most adventurous buyer though.Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply