Receiving items from China I never bought or bidded for

A month ago I received a parcel from China containing a pr of fake Gucci women's sunglasses & today two more parcels from the same "company" containing identical fake Gucci ties. Ebay said they no seller by that name.Nor was a payment made to them in my Paypal account. I am very worried and confused that they have my name,address including my telephone number. Has anyone shared my experience or can offer any advice on the matter? Many thanks.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Why do you believe this is an ebay seller? 

Is there any identification indicating this?

It is illegal in Australia to send unsolicited goods and then charge for them. In any case no charge appears to have been made as yet.   If there is a company address in China I would simply advise in writing that they have forwarded mail to you in error and return postage would have to be paid by them to reclaim the property.

Give them a deadline of a month and say that the unsolicited goods will be discarded if the matter is not resolved by then.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Thank you for your imput. Reason for my earlier assumption that the sender was an ebay seller was because I had bought from China a few times.Always paid by Paypal though.I have since learned that my visa card was used last month for a total of $320 by the company that has sent me the goods.I have informed the bank & cancelled my card.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Gotta love the security paypal offers sellers can access a buyers credit card number & start selling them items they didn't order or even know about !!!

Has paypal explained to you how this seller was able to access your credit card details to make charges against it ????????

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Gotta love the security paypal offers sellers can access a buyers credit card number & start selling them items they didn't order or even know about !!!

What absolute rubbish. The only way anyone can get hold of your credit card number through Paypal is if you allow your account to be hacked by clicking on a link in a phishing email or you download a keystroke logger because you have inadequate security.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Today I received a fake D&G small bag. Came from Hong Kong but there was no return address.

Never ordered anything like it, I take it one of my other orders has been mixed up with someone elses. A nice freebie haha.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Stiff for the real buyer. ha ha.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

I advise that you get a bank statement immediately. That was exactly what happened to me and I discovered that my Visa card was compromised. It will happen again unless you cancel the card. These Chinese sellers send you fake designer goods paying themselves with your stolen card details. Its a pretty common scam.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

A month ago I received a parcel from China containing a pr of fake Gucci women's sunglasses & today two more parcels from the same "company" containing identical fake Gucci ties. Ebay said they no seller by that name.Nor was a payment made to them in my Paypal account. I am very worried and confused that they have my name,address including my telephone number. Has anyone shared my experience or can offer any advice on the matter? Many thanks.

No but put them, on ebay for sale, 100% profit for you Yeh

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

So you advocate selling fakes? Do you, yourself, sell fakes?

Or do you sell genuine brands for 10% of their value?

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply