Receiving items from China I never bought or bidded for

A month ago I received a parcel from China containing a pr of fake Gucci women's sunglasses & today two more parcels from the same "company" containing identical fake Gucci ties. Ebay said they no seller by that name.Nor was a payment made to them in my Paypal account. I am very worried and confused that they have my name,address including my telephone number. Has anyone shared my experience or can offer any advice on the matter? Many thanks.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Yes I had a similar package a large diamonte ring. All my details on the package bbut the sender did not check out. Similar names but not the same on ebay.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

milvo5
Community Member
I just received a pair if fake Ray Bans after ordering from EBay. Same for me, name,address and phone number in the box 😡
Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

milvo5
Community Member
I just received a pair of fake Ray Bans after ordering from EBay. Same for me, name,address and phone number in the box 😡I'm cancelling my account again. This sucks. They even changed my profile name. I'm coming after you and all that permitted this with the full force of the law.
Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

So you're accusing monkeypagoda of sending you something you didn't order?

I doubt you have any idea, and I further doubt that you would have any legal recourse if somebody gifted you anything.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

@milvo5 wrote:
I just received a pair of fake Ray Bans after ordering from EBay. Same for me, name,address and phone number in the box 😡I'm cancelling my account again. This sucks. They even changed my profile name. I'm coming after you and all that permitted this with the full force of the law.

What a very odd post. This thread is about the mystery of people receiving stuff they didn't bid for or buy.

You, on the other hand, have received an item you did order on ebay. Of course the seller had your name and address, how else would you expect them to be able to get the item to you? It's quite common when you buy from a seller on ebay or most other businesses for that matter, to receive a receipt of some kind in with the order. It will usually have your name & adddress on it plus the order details.

Keep in mind you are not buying from ebay. You are buying on ebay. There are thousands of different sellers on ebay.

I'm not sure how a seller could change your profile name, but if you feel your account has been hacked, by all means close it down.

As for your sunglasses, what makes you so sure they are fake? If they were cheap from China then they may be. Good luck with the full force of the law on that one.

Really though you don't need to post with all this drama. If you feel you have bought something that is significantly not as described, you can open an ebay claim against that seller, but before you do that, it is probably worth getting some official confirmation first as to whether the glasses are actually fake or not.

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

dlg93
Community Member
This has just happened to me, March 2021, was sent a cheap item, package had my LANDLINE number on it, which I haven't used for years. I still have a landline, but it is NEVER used, and certainly not recorded in either eBay or PayPal accounts. Highly suss. Not sure what to do about it.
Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

Why do anything?

There is no need for drama just because your landline number has been put on the package.

If a package comes from overseas most countries including Australia require a phone number for customs purposes.

Within Australia parcels sent via courier usually need a phone number too.

It is not unusual for ebay/paypal to dig up old phone numbers even if you have removed it from their records.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

I didn't buy those glasses.  There's no payment for it. 

Also,  I wear PRESCRIPTION glasses.  I won't buy glasses I literally can't see from. 

My odd situation exactly matches others. That shows a pattern.  

Also,  you don't have to put phone number on the parcel.  That's just for privacy. 

When looking at those 4 pieces of fact,  it shows something external is going on.  Further research said that this is a strategy Amazon sellers use to scam reviews and up their rank.

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply