Receiving items from China I never bought or bidded for

A month ago I received a parcel from China containing a pr of fake Gucci women's sunglasses & today two more parcels from the same "company" containing identical fake Gucci ties. Ebay said they no seller by that name.Nor was a payment made to them in my Paypal account. I am very worried and confused that they have my name,address including my telephone number. Has anyone shared my experience or can offer any advice on the matter? Many thanks.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

u992491
Community Member

This just happened to me... in January 2020!!!

I received what I assume to be fake Gucci sunglasses. I didn't order it; I wear prescription lenses. 

It's from China. There's no trace tht I made a payment; i even checked my bank statement. 

Likewise, it's got my fullname, address and phone number. 

I've been ordering a lot of random little things from eBay; nothing from Amazon.

Don't know what's happening; feels scammy. I don't like my phone number on my parcels 

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

I don't understand why you had to drag up an EIGHT year old thread.

If it has your name, address and phone number, then you either bought something from the seller or your account has been hacked. The latter is unlikely as a hacker would change the address to one they had access to.

If you don't want your phone number on parcels, don't buy through eBay (or most other online sites). Sellers have access to that information once a sale is made.

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

That really is odd. Especially since it seems to be the exact same sort of item.

It does sound sort of scammy but I am trying to work out how. Good idea to keep a check on your bank and paypal accounts though, for sure.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

jool_8189
Community Member
H
Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

jool_8189
Community Member
Today i received a Hermes scarf never ordered or been charged. Very creepy they had my details address phone .. not sure what to do with the scarf?
I did report to scamwatch
Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

Keep it?

Especially if you didn't buy it and it is authentic.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

Take it to a sewing shop and have it turned into several fancy covid masks.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

Wish someone would send me a scarf. It's snowing here at the moment and I need one.

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

Use a mask, They are general purpose and you should have access.

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Been on hols for the last almost 3 weeks, so no access ( plus they are kept under lock and key at the moment ). They won't keep my neck warm though!

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply