Returns problem (buyer)

Hi.  I purchased an item.  Not correct.  Opened a return.  Seller accepted.  I printed postage labels. I wrapped item and posted it.  Now, days later, I’m being sent emails saying that i need to post the item asap.  I cannot find anywhere to inform that item is in the post.  What do i do?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Returns problem (buyer)

@sandypebbles wrote:

I'm glad you did'nt give info

You are one in a million for sure, since eBay staff don't read the member to member forum, and  never contact members based on their posts here

Maybe there's a first time for everything but

Like I said, one in a million 

Didn't someone recently say that ebay had got in contact with them over a post here? I'm pretty sure it was one of the regulars and everyone was stunned. So maybe instead of "ebay staff don't read the member to member forums", you need to change it to "ebay don't usually read the member to member forums". I could probably try and find the thread, but I'm too tired to worry about it today.

I guess it's possible they do read here, they just choose not to respond. Which is a shame really. Nearly every other company in the world that has a help forum, it's answered by employees, which is why it's easily assumed by people coming in here with a question, that ebay is going to reply. There is nothing on the main page to say it's run by other members, not ebay (and it damned well should say that!)

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle (aunt)

Indeed it is a shame it is so very, very, very rare they choose to offer advice/help 

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

So many more could be helped, with issues we can't help with, even if they did contact them privately. 

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

maybe we could start a perpetual thread to tempt them 😎

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

..........or a whip-around from the regulars to reward them............😎

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@twyngwyn wrote:

..........or a whip-around from the regulars to reward them............😎

I'll supply the Tim Tams. No one can resist those......

I just saw your post Padi, that you left the exact same time as mine. I was pretty sure it was a regular (not 100%), but did a search anyway, even though I really didn't want to. It got the better of me. I did find another member who posted in this forum, that ebay had contacted them after posting on the forums. It was that person who bought the microwave that became faulty after purchase, and they paid the return postage for it. 

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/microwave-not-replaced/m-p/2523796

The original post on the "buying on ebay" forum.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying-on-eBay/Faulty-item-no-communication-follow-up-from-seller/q...

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Another Murgatroyd moment? I'm just glad everything was sorted!

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Yes, Murgatroyd!

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

That's not going away now, is it?

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply