Saved searches is now:

go-tazz
Community Member

Searches you follow.

What bright spark thought that was more appropriate?,(most of my saved searches are popular scam items),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Saved sellers is now: Sellers you follow.

Which is completely incorrect for me as a number of those "saved sellers" are scammers,postage pirates,etc,(

saved so I can "check" on them).

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Saved searches is now:

As it should be.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Thats odd munted, mine is working ok, apart from the change to 'searches you follow' i am still getting the emails with the results & no weird stuff like things that just sound like what i want. Not that you should have to because of ebays stuff up but the easiest way around it is probably to make note of all your searches, delete the old ones then add them again. You could contact customer support about it but they might just tell you to clear your cookies & cache, the standard answer to most technical support questions nowdays.Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

@barney_rubbles wrote:

wow must be some sensitive people working at ebay, i didn't know da mn was still considered a swear word! its 2014 not 1914!

You need to be inventive.....leave the "n" off the end of the word and it will not be bleeped.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Hi Barney,

I did delete a couple of searches and then made new ones using the same terms... still getting the same problem.
Example: the town I live in (Mathinna)... do a manual search and it works okay - but eBay also suggests "Did you mean: machina ? (1,163 items)". Guess what I get in my saved (followed) searches emailed to me daily, yes, 'machina'.

I contacted eBay and yes, you are very correct: according to them, my cookies and cache were to blame ๐Ÿ™‚
I eventually convinced them that it can't possibly be cookies and caches, they wanted some screen shots, so I sent them about a week ago. Havent heard anything back from them as yet. Cheers.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

@munted.at.mathinna wrote:

ebay moves in baffling ways. I just did a 'saved search'... as bonus you now cannot name the saved search to how you want it.

That has been possible for a "while" and it allows me to name searches more appropriately,eg: TV scammers,free post

scammer,etc.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

munted, i have my search notifications setup for items selling in Australia only which works fine, but not done by postcode so i've not had that problem. What might work better for you is this, if theres a category you usually search in, go to it then click all your thingos on the left for location & other specifics, search for keyword, then bookmark the result in your browser. It keeps all the search terms, in firefox anyway, i've not tried it on IE etc.

Now all you have to do is go to the bookmark & results will come up without you having to manually put in the specifics each time. Its actually better than your email notifications in a way because you get live results whereas those emails can take hours to come through after an item listed, if its bin you can miss out to another buyer snapping it up first. I still use saved searches for items i'm not as fanatical about collecting, for as long as it works ok for me that is.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

@go-tazz wrote:

Searches you follow.

What bright spark thought that was more appropriate?,(most of my saved searches are popular scam items),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Saved sellers is now: Sellers you follow.

Which is completely incorrect for me as a number of those "saved sellers" are scammers,postage pirates,etc,(saved so I can "check" on them).

What's even worse Tazz is the inability to create notes about Saved Sellers Sellers You Follow as I like to make notes about why I'm following them and which particular items they sell in which I'm interested. Notes I've created previously are still there but it's no longer possible to either edit them or write new notations. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Seems that one of the prerequisites for becoming an eBay employee involves being a complete and utter idiot.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

I actually think that a prerequisite of being an eBay employee should be to have a trading history on eBay, then they might understand why some of theior actions are just plain silly.

This new defect thing - you should see the rigmorole you have to go through if your buyer wants to cancel a sale.

If you don't want the defect to count for you, its like a carefully coordinated freakin dance maneuvre to go through - it'll be a nightmare.

Just hoping the info we got on THAT today is wrong.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

What's even worse Tazz is the inability to create notes about Saved Sellers Sellers You Follow as I like to make notes about why I'm following them and which particular items they sell in which I'm interested. Notes I've created previously are still there but it's no longer possible to either edit them or write new notations. ๐Ÿ˜ž

That's ludicrous,now how will I be able to tell the difference between the scammers and the good sellers if

I can't have note underneath to show which is whic,eg:

Scammer,check feedback to see how many where conned and $ value,Singapore scammer,Fake ID,cheap golf

gear,etc,secret.gif

At least my current ones still have the note underneath,good.gif

Seems that one of the prerequisites for becoming an eBay employee involves being a complete and utter idiot.

Whistle.gif

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

I actually think that a prerequisite of being an eBay employee should be to have a trading history on eBay, then they might understand why some of theior actions are just plain silly.

It might also help if they traded on this site so that they could understand the difficulties associated with

postage.

This new defect thing - you should see the rigmorole you have to go through if your buyer wants to cancel a sale.

If you don't want the defect to count for you, its like a carefully coordinated freakin dance maneuvre to go through - it'll be a nightmare.

Just hoping the info we got on THAT today is wrong.

The defect rating will possible destroy sellers as they will have to jump through hoops to satisfy their buyers in

some instances,(starting to sound like you need to be trained to be a seller on here/or ordered around),shok.gif

There will be no more cancellations as that's a defect,(so buyers will get strikes and then wont be able to

purchase from sellers that have their blocks in place).

That will mean that there will be less buyers around to purchase items.

Must be another eBay idea,shok.gif

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply