Saved searches is now:

go-tazz
Community Member

Searches you follow.

What bright spark thought that was more appropriate?,(most of my saved searches are popular scam items),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Saved sellers is now: Sellers you follow.

Which is completely incorrect for me as a number of those "saved sellers" are scammers,postage pirates,etc,(

saved so I can "check" on them).

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Saved searches is now:

Thanks, bookmarks might be a last resort option, will keep that in mind.

Unsurprisingly, I had no luck finding other threads on this topic via ebay's search - but via google I did:
http://community.ebay.com/t5/Search/eBay-HELP-your-search-function-is-broken/qaq-p/20305590#M15743

"It appears that it's the Sponsored Links that are driving the false search results. I did the same search for fused glass jewelry"

And:

As explained in your previous thread about this issue, this is due to eBay's "Cassini" search method, which thinks it knows what we want better than we do (and usually is wrong). To get the right results, put quotes around the word "fused" which forces the search to find only listings that have that actual word (not words that cassini THINKS are equivalent).

So... I'm guessing ebay is well aware of the problem but won't be able to revert to the working system particularly easily or quickly...
Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

One of my regular searches has been completed so I no longer needed the reminder.

What do I find to delete it?  'Unfollow Searches'  How pathetic is that?

For crying out loud, what's wrong with the word DELETE ????

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

For crying out loud, what's wrong with the word DELETE ????

But why would ebay use one word that exactly describes what you want to do when they can use two words that are unclear what their purpose is?

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Is it any different from the RECALCULATE button on eBay invoices which does precisely the opposite, about which sellers have complained for countless years, and about which nothing has ever been done?
Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

Exactly CQ...that was what sprang to mind when I was replying.

I guess the boardies are going to have to learn a complete new jargon if they want to remain relevant and able to help others.

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
Is it any different from the RECALCULATE button on eBay invoices which does precisely the opposite, about which sellers have complained for countless years, and about which nothing has ever been done?

But that button has an eBay purpose.

It's there so that when the seller can't work out how to discount the postage they'll just let it go through

unchanged,(more money for eBay and an unhappy buyer and seller).

See,only one thing matters,(even more so now with the FVF on postage in place)shok.gif

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

In the meantime...has the Add Note function disappeared?

All my old searches still had the notes I'd added (fine tuning the stuff I am looking for) but I can't see where it is possible to update them or add notes to new entries.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Yes, it's gone too. I was complaining about that myself just the other day. 😞
Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Well that just sucks.

Woeful new terminology and the axing of the useful feature.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply