Seller leaving ebay

I just received an email from seller in the UK stating they are leaving ebay due to their high costs and said they were changing to Amazon.
I wonder if thats going to start a new trend?
Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Seller leaving ebay

@li.vish wrote:

Hello, everyone. This discussion is getting off-topic. Could we please get back to the Seller leaving ebay. Thanks!

My apologies for being off-topic li.vish.....................................I did try to be on topic earlier..............

"hangs head in shame................."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 61 of 68
Latest reply

Thank you, Padi. As always, your insight is highly valued and greatly appreciated, and I also feel it necessary to say that on this occasion, as with most others, I fully agree with your conclusion in that it is indeed a great shame that people frequently find it so difficult to get on with each other.

I truly believe that much of the problem is due to the inherent anonymity of social media in general yet many people seem to forget that there is a living, breathing, thinking human being at the other end of the conversation, and that person is entitled to the same degree of courtesy and respect that you would expect to receive in return.

Sadly however, such is so often not the case and I personally think it's a crying shame that things can sometimes deteriorate to the point of outright hostility on these boards, particularly for what are quite often extremely trivial reasons. Some people clearly need to step back and take a good, long, hard look at themselves IMO.

Somebody I greatly respected once told me something which I've never forgotten, and that was "Good manners cost nothing".
Message 62 of 68
Latest reply

cq, you are a far more respected member than I am (working on it though) and I thank you for your input on this one.

Yes Michelle, sellers (and buyers) are leaving eBay for so-say better pastures, but unfortunately with this current regime it will carry on happening unless eBay gets their act together and stops the scammers, the highjackers and those that seem to use the site with impunity to rip people off.........................

It really can't be that hard to stop those people can it???????????????????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 63 of 68
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

I actually think Michelle's OP highlighted a couple of things - sellers are looking for/deciding on alternatives even though they

may not have the same audience as ebay. I think people are going to get so jack of things that they will try other avenues regardless, something more affordable perhaps.

I don't necessarily go to ebay first when I am searching for something, I can go to google/search engine first. I like to think items with appropriate keywords/text will/might show up in the results, even if it means going through a few pages. I enjoy looking for those little gems tucked away - sometimes those gems are not even ebay listings. Makes no difference to me as a buyer as long as it is what I am after at the price I can afford.

The other thing I think Michelle mentioned is that the seller emailed her. Makes sense if the news has come through private email rather than the ebay message system. I don't know how they would get on if they tried to send the same 'news' through the ebay message system - perhaps their messages would be moderated, info removed or even not allowed through. It does happen.

Lastly, someone implied (perhaps more than one) that Michelle's topic is not thread-worthy. Yet I find it amusing and interesting that they always seem to be answer-worthy, they are certainly not dead/overlooked like some poor posters. Hmmm.

Message 64 of 68
Latest reply

As as a clothes seller you have an intimate knowledge of bookselling? Through Amazon?

Message 65 of 68
Latest reply

As I have posted before, I sell in several markets. 

This particular trading ID is also my posting ID, and usually the only one I make any detailed trading commentary about on the boards, as my other interests and IDs are no others posters bees wax Cat Happy 

Message 66 of 68
Latest reply

GOSH ..........I,ve been too busy to check the boards the last couple of days. Looks like I missed all of the fun. Thanks for the thread Michelle, its made great reading.

Message 67 of 68
Latest reply

Apart from a few eBay die-hards and handful of the eBay cheers squad, this whole place is deader than dead.

I can see why the Seller moved on.

I haven't been on here for almost 2 months and there is hardly anything for sale, in particular auction site Sellers.

The new eBay policies we "TOLD THEM WE LOVED SO MUCH" are really working a treat !!!

Heaps of overpriced **bleep** from China that costs more than retail by the time you factor in postage.

Message 68 of 68
Latest reply