Seller leaving ebay

I just received an email from seller in the UK stating they are leaving ebay due to their high costs and said they were changing to Amazon.
I wonder if thats going to start a new trend?
Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Seller leaving ebay

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Amazon australia DUD, amazon in america. Hmm ok if you can actually get anyone to post to australia. Oztion or quicksales or whatever it now calls itself DUD

Ebay thriving

Really HBH, maybe a browser issue ... try Amazon vs eBay search  ...the billions each is amassing is mindboggling and I am unsure how you relegate Amazon to DUD

Message 41 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
So back on topic.......one seller leaving is not even thread worthy

It was thread worthy for Michelle.

Joono
Message 42 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

Dammit, just opened a new bag of popcorn..................

Guess I know what the sheep will be munching on tomorrow.............ROFL.

Spoiler
Starts watching "Days of our Lives" from the beginning........................

Back on topic, competition would be a good thing for eBay sellers and buyers, a virtual monopoly only helps shareholders, not the people that actually make the business work.......................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 43 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

What you need to do is post in sympathy with the OP.

If several OPs post diametrically opposed theses, you have to support the one one who the majority of posters don't. or both/all if you possibly can.

Logic is to be foresworn at all times, as the point is to have a go at regular posters (other than yourself) at all times.

Message 44 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

Not for books. Their T&Cs are far more horrendous than eBay's. Of course I have actually checked them out....

Message 45 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

padi.0409.0409 wrote:Back on topic, competition would be a good thing for eBay sellers and buyers, a virtual monopoly only helps shareholders, not the people that actually make the business work.......................... 

Indeed, as OP indicated in their post, sellers putting eggs in others in other baskets is now becoming more apparent.

Message 46 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

Anything is threadworthy for Michelle

Message 47 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

@davewil1964 wrote:

Not for books. Their T&Cs are far more horrendous than eBay's. Of course I have actually checked them out....

you sell used books in oz of course it has not attraction for you, you represent a minuscule market segment.

Message 48 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

try actually reading my previous post cats, I know it's hard for you but.............. or perhaps go and try and buy something other than kindles from amazon australia and then tell me how wonderful it is...........
Message 49 of 68
Latest reply

Seller leaving ebay

Ignoring the fact that used books are a bit more than a miniscule market, Amazon's foray into Australia for books (what they are mainly setup for) is an expensive minefield. And unlikely to challenge any established site in this country.

Message 50 of 68
Latest reply