Seller not sending a winning bid item, seller asking for more money.

zorba069
Community Member

After a winning bid and payment can a seller say he made a mistake with the postage he asked for in the ad, I paid what was asked  for and now he is not sending my winning bid item until I pay more money.

Isn't the final bid at the time of the auction finishing binding, can I be asked to pay more especially as he has in his ad has the following "Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing."

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Seller not sending a winning bid item, seller asking for more money.

Good reply.

I don't agree with all that you say, the bottom line is .....When is a deal a deal, I won the auction and I sent my payment so the item is mine, I have not recieved any refund even though this auction was in Febuary, so on the fairness side of things then what is the ammount of interest I should charge him for him borrowing my money, I think 500% is fair, I'm not a bank, I don't need to follow any guidelines, think of me as a loan shark, I wasn't the one that made it into a loan.

And I also know his address, as a pensioner I have loads of time on my hands, I have a comfy camping chair that I can set up on his door step and remind the potential customers that this is a shoddy business that doesn't mind if they rip off their pensioner customers. I have screenshots of the auction results that I can enlarge and mount on cardboard, if the seller wants to be an **bleep**, then so can I.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

What, the sale was in february? Why have you waited so long? If the seller acepted your money and did not post you had plenty of time to open a dispute and get your money back - why didn't you take advantage of the redress offered you by Ebay and Paypal (you still have time to open a dispute with Paypal).

Now you are telling us you are going to threaten the seller over such a small amount when you had every opportunity to get a refund and move on. Sounds like your pride might get you into trouble on this one.

Latest reply

Jso on the fairness side of things then what is the ammount of interest I should charge him for him borrowing my money, I think 500% is fair, I'm not a bank, I don't need to follow any guidelines, think of me as a loan shark, I wasn't the one that made it into a loan.

I think you are correct . . . . you are not a bank . . . . I think you are a tool!

as a pensioner I have loads of time on my hands,

Clearly you do.  I suggest you go further and live-stream your protest on Facebook.  Just let me know if you will go ahead with this course of action as I am out of popcorn and need time to get more.

if the seller wants to be an **bleep**, then so can I.

So you are prepared to be just like the person you have banged on about?  You just lost any sympathy I had for the situation you find yourself in.

Congrats, you just got yourself onto my party invite list.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I have been trying to get my item for quite a few weeks now,  the seller is refusing to respond to me.

I don't want a refund, I want my item that he entered into a binding contract with me.

I never said I was going to threaten him, I said that I will advise any customer that intend to enter his store that he is a scammer and does not follow through with his commitments, what is wrong with that, is it a lie.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

I note your post got removed so I cant discuss it . . . . . suffice to say, I've been called worse

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Zorba, you can't force a seller to send something.

You won't get your item by the sounds of it.

Just open an INR with Paypal, or you'll lose your money

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

If it's a "binding contract" you've entered into, as you put it, can I suggest taking legal action? Let the courts see how binding the said contract is. Don't forget to involve the media. I know ACA love a juicy story like this.

Please let me know when you intend to start breaking the law by stalking the seller, I really wanna see this! I love a good stalking (sorry Stawks)! Any chance you can live stream it on Facebook? Please?

If you're a pensioner that is so poor and desolate, why are you wasting your precious money on eBay? As soon as someone mentions they are a pensioner, their kid is autistic, they are on a carers pension, as an excuse for their behaviour, they lose all sympathy from me. No-one cares whether you're a pensioner or a gazillionaire. You're just a faceless buyer like the rest of them.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply