Seller using false location HELP!

Hello,

I recently bought an item from ebay and the seller said the item was from Sydney, Australia and because of that it was about 30-50% more expensive than if it was coming from China and I was okay with that since I needed it in a timely fashion. And now I read the sellers feedback and come to find out that the items are actually coming from China and that it'll take much longer than I initially expected. This is false advertising and a waste of money, what can I do in this situation? I already e-mailed ebay support but I have no yet received a reply. Not only that but I was provided with no tracking number so I have no clue when and if it'll come. Very disappointed that eBay allows people to be manipulated like this.

Please reply with any information that can be of use, thanks.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Seller using false location HELP!

If you click on the seller, it tells you their location. eg: a iphone form an "aussie" seller and the item location states sydney. click on their username and it tells you were they are really located.

Message 41 of 49
Latest reply

And what if they have a warehouse in Australia, and do drop-shipping?   Hmmmm?

Message 42 of 49
Latest reply

Gawd, I was so bored, I decided to read this old thread.....

But now what I want to know is... Did onefishball get his item in a few days, or did it actually come from China?  Man LOL  Man LOL  Man LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 43 of 49
Latest reply

Your guess is as good as ours Jane.....just another poster who never lets us know how things panned out.Smiley Frustrated

Message 44 of 49
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two years later and this practice is still happening, all but more frequently.

Ebay have had 100's if not 1000's of reports about it and continue to do nothing.

I am posting this as despite all my due dilligence I got caught again.

Chinese seller listing item in Sydney with delivery via fastway. 

The seller then creates the shipping label which registers on the tracking site, the item is then sent to a freight forwarder in Australia to be distributed to the courier etc.  

Never again will I be caught, any hint that the seller is chinese and I don't buy from them.

Message 45 of 49
Latest reply

So how did you get caught if you did your due diligence?  Surely you did not believe the item location if the seller is registered in China.

Message 46 of 49
Latest reply

I have noticed the location showing as ?? when using the app. 

Message 47 of 49
Latest reply

It is so easy to spot they from China they never put the state in there are few town or cities in Australia that is why we need state you think ebay would be on the this.
Message 48 of 49
Latest reply

@magicfirefox wrote:
It is so easy to spot they from China they never put the state in there are few town or cities in Australia that is why we need state you think ebay would be on the this.

It's a darned site easier to look at their feedback and see where they're registered.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 49 of 49
Latest reply