Sent Faulty item back to seller, and tracking notice says "Attempted Delivery - Refused by receiver"

I spoke with the seller who had sent me a non working electronics item, that he clearly advertised as working.

Explained the situation to him after making an ebay return request on grounds of damaged goods.

Seller seemed amiable and willing to help. Seller sends me a return postage label. Post it away, get the track details, check it a few days on, and lo and behold it gets to its destination and i am notified it is refused by receiver, So now I am left in limbo , not knowing how to proceed, No buttons to press within ebay anywhere to be found to follow up and get recourse for this lousy encounter. So prey tell any ebayers or ebay representatives out there, what now, I am out $300. Where's the follow up ebay says they will take up on my account after the 15th march if i want them to step in. I see mo where to find a way to any ebay followup, typical ebay rubbish, I have to come to a forum for advice because of inbuilt ebay inefficiencies to contact anybody when needed, and after they say theyl be there for you to follow should you choose. Yeah ebay, when, and where and how????

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sent Faulty item back to seller, and tracking notice says "Attempted Delivery - Refused by

Within the dispute, have you uploaded the tracking number?

Do that if you’ve not yet done so.

You could message the seller within the dispute to say “I note that you have refused delivery of the returned item, as shown by the delivery status. Please note that this refused delivery will not abrogate my right to be refunded.”

Then to cover your bases, contact Live Chat tomorrow between 9 am and 7 pm. https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792#section3 (Use any reason that will get you through.) Ask to either be connected to an agent or to have eBay call you; the latter option may appear, but it depends upon your stated reason to contact eBay help.

Explain that you’ve sent back the item but that the seller has refused delivery. Provide tracking number and status… Ask for eBay to step in now. Be extremely polite. You may be lucky enough to get an immediate resolution.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Re: Sent Faulty item back to seller, and tracking notice says "Attempted Delivery - Refused by

Thanks for the reply advice countessmarina, much appreciated, and yes that seems the only way of recourse to contact Ebay live chat service to hope to get any support.

What really irks me however in this matter is how Ebay rant so much about assisting and stepping in to follow up through the Item Return process when a return is having difficulties and yet no where do they provide a web link within the item return
web page dialogue to allow access to any such support. The only criteria it seems that they may avail themselves to giving a web linked access is if the returned item is actually signed off on as received by the recipient, See the following Ebay Blurb -

"What happens when eBay steps in on a return?
Once received, sellers will have two business days to review the returned item and issue a refund, or ask eBay to intervene. If no action is taken, eBay will automatically issue the refund two business days after the tracking number shows a confirmed delivery status."

And yet in my circumstance, whereby the item has been notified through tracking, the the item was "Refused Acceptance from Recipient" Then seems ebay don't have a recourse for assistance for as much, and the buyer returning the item is left in limbo, with virtually no where to go through the Ebay return facility.

Its like the item will likely be returned to the buyer, after another week or more in the post, meanwhile the return dateline expires and ebay just close the case, issuing no rightful refund on account there was no signed off on received return of item.

Heres another Ebay Blurb, which doesn't help in my situation -

"If you've returned an item but haven't received a refund yet, you can ask us to step in and help once tracking shows the item was delivered to the seller more than 2 business days ago. Don't leave it too long to ask us to step in and help. We'll automatically close a request if there's been no activity."

"Ask us to help once tracking shows the returned item was delivered", Yeah all good and well if the recipient accepts the parcel, but what does ebay offer to those in the situation where the seller just messes with the buyers return and does not accept it at the point of return delivery? Ebay offer nothing at this point is what I have found.
Pretty poor outlook ebay, where all bases are not adequately sufficiently covered, and therein only prove to cause unnecessary grievance

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

But did you upload the tracking to the case?

Ebay can't know what you don't tell them.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

From ebays mbg policy 

"Proof of delivery for returned items

Returns should be sent with a tracked service that can be independently validated.

We require all of the following to prove a successful return delivery:

A delivery status of "delivered" or "attempted delivery" (or equivalent in the country to which the item was delivered)

The date of delivery or attempted delivery

The recipient's address, showing at least the city/suburb or postcode (or international equivalent) that matches the seller's specified return address; and

Signature confirmation, on items with a total cost of $750 or more. Learn more about our signature confirmation requirements

If the party responsible for return postage does not use a tracked service that meets these requirements, a case may be decided against them if the returned item doesn't arrive."

Therefore If tracking shows delivery was refused you should be covered- hypothetically!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply