Shill bidding?

lolobgo
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I've been bidding on an item that has been removed before the end of the auction once before, and the guy relisted it. The guy has a 0 Feedback rate.... i thought it might have just been a newbee seller.....

Once again i bid on it, but was outbid in the last 5 minutes.... That was all good as i didn't want to pay that much anyway... but then i looked at the winners bidding details.... I dunno if i am reading this wrong, or there is shill bidding going on... 

heres the details

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 18
Items bid on: 7
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months):

Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 1 Seller 1 <1h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Classic, Vintage Parts 2 Seller 1 2d 7h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Vintage Car & Truck Parts 1 Seller 1 1d 15h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Engines, Components 10 Seller 1 1d 16h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 1 Seller 1 2d 22h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Engines, Components 1 Seller 1 2d
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 2 Seller 1 1d 23h

I read that as the winning bidder has only bid on this particular sellers items.....  And bid on all 7 of his items? 

Am i reading that info right? do you guys reckon it's shill bidding? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shill bidding?

affirmative.

Keep bidding on it (up to your limit) because each time he wins he is either going to have to pay fees on the sale or his cancelation rate is going to be very high. Smiley Tongue

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

affirmative.

Keep bidding on it (up to your limit) because each time he wins he is either going to have to pay fees on the sale or his cancelation rate is going to be very high. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

Thanks Harley! 

I'll report it. (Probably won't do much though! LOL)

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

haha! I didn't think of that! 

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

I would be dubious about it. Having said that, it may just be a coincidence. I posted on the boards yesterday, pretty much the same thing. I was watching items from a particulat seller and out of 10 items, all had a couple of bids from a bidder with 100% bidding activity with this seller. You may expect a couple, but all 10.  It was a definite pattern. Needless to say, I'm watching a few more items listed from the seller and guess what, the same thing is happening. 😞  Just makes me think !!!

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

oh, i just checked out other completed items.... The same winner is on everything, car parts, bike parts.....  with the exception of the motorbike that didn't meet the reserve!

It has to be shill bidding... 

Item no. 141488133909 

if you want to check it out

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

I had the same experience several months ago bidding on stairs & concluded that with little doubt that  it was shill bidding.   When I posted to this board that I suspected SHELL BIDDING I was castigated uphill and downdale for even thinking it!  If you search this board you will see how nasty it got.

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

@lolobgo wrote:

oh, i just checked out other completed items.... The same winner is on everything, car parts, bike parts.....  with the exception of the motorbike that didn't meet the reserve!

It has to be shill bidding... 

Item no. 141488133909 

if you want to check it out

Interesting that the item you put here has been relisted.... It's interesting that 8 FB bidder has now won that same car door twice and now it's been relisted again.

Good luck reporting for shill bidding. EBay say they act on complaints of shilling, but I can tell you for a fact they don't. In fact, they encourage it by reinstating accounts of shill bidders so they can continue defrauding people. It's quite a joke really. If I didn't have a conscience, I'd be creating new accounts and doing it myself.

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

@sloanranger62 wrote:

I had the same experience several months ago bidding on stairs & concluded that with little doubt that  it was shill bidding.   When I posted to this board that I suspected SHELL BIDDING I was castigated uphill and downdale for even thinking it!  If you search this board you will see how nasty it got.

That was because what you described as occuring did not correspond to Shill Bidding. The only similarity your incident had to Shill Bidding was that it shared the same initials...

Shifting Blame.JPG

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

Look at how much they may have cost the winner of this item through their shill bidding... 141467665546

Disgusting.

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply