Suspension threat

Ever since managed payments started i keep getting emails saying to update id. I dont own a drivers licence or passport. Now they've restricted my account which is fine because as soon as managed payments started my selling days are over. But now there emailing threatening to suspend account and i wont be able to buy anymore unless i go to the expense of purchasing a passport so i can fill in there id requirements. 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Suspension threat

Buyers do not need to ID themselves, as far as I'm aware.

It could just be that the system wants to verify you as in case you do decide you want to sell something as you have used that ID for both buying and selling.

You could open another Ebay account just for buying (just need a different email address).

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thankyou i didnt realise you can have more than one ebay account, ill have to that and explain to sellers why i have zero feedback. Its unfair but ive got no other option except pay $300 for a passport just to continue buying on this account ive always had.

I wonder how many others are in this same boat?

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

What is the exact wording on the email in regards to buying?

I would just continue buying under the ID and see what happens.

Whilst you can start another account, there's no point in telling sellers why you have zero feedback. Most of them won't care and may become suspicious and think you've started another one because you give poor feedback or have been suspended for violations. 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

As mentioned, there is no need to explain

Sellers know that buyers can only get positive feedback so it does'nt a thing if you are'nt a seller too, especially when you're not going to sell again

Sellers also won't know you have another account/what your feedback was there/or if you are brand new to buying on eBay but pointing it out to them may make them question why you are pointing it out to them

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

In NSW you can get photo id from the RTA (or whatever they are called) and maybe you can use it to get verified on ebay.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I have a photo id card but theres 2 sections you have to place id in. One of the sections only allows drivers licence or passport. I contacted ebay but they couldnt help me

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Excact wording is suspended account. I looked it up and that means you cant buy or bid

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

In your first message, you said they were threatening to suspend, not that they had suspended.

That's why I asked for the specific wording.

Copy the paragraph into a message so we can read for ourselves.

Sellers can get suspended for all sorts of reasons, but it since buyers don't need to provide ID, this makes no sense.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I seem to remember other people putting the number of their ID into the spot for the Driver's Licence number and it worked.

Worth a try in any case.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply