The Global Shipping Program, the cost is so high, eBay not viable for buying from overseas.

The cost for the buyers through "your" global shipping program has "killed off" the choice of buying from overseas. I believe it is way over the top and a scandal the fee's this program involves. Being in Australia this program has destroyed my buying opportunities. The fact that you put all the fine print and advise that I will charged mega dollars  may be legal but clearly not fair play. Thankfully there are other platforms which I purchase from that do not hit me with full pages of reasons to charge like a haunted bull. For example: from the USA a small 5cm x 5cm item for $50.00 with a $120.00 charge for postage. Terrible!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The Global Shipping Program, the cost is so high, eBay not viable for buying from overseas.

You are not addressing your complaint to Ebay here.  It is a public forum with responders being buyers/sellers like yourself.  Ebay do no read here.

There have been hundreds of threads on the boards complaining about the very expensive postage charges.  Have you ever considered messaging sellers who use it and ask if thet are prepared to send by USPS?  Many are not even aware they have been opted in to this programme.  The choice to purchase from other platforms is yours alone.  I cannot see Ebay being overly concerned.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@waynes231259 wrote:

The cost for the buyers through "your" global shipping program has "killed off" the choice of buying from overseas. I believe it is way over the top and a scandal the fee's this program involves. Being in Australia this program has destroyed my buying opportunities. The fact that you put all the fine print and advise that I will charged mega dollars  may be legal but clearly not fair play. Thankfully there are other platforms which I purchase from that do not hit me with full pages of reasons to charge like a haunted bull. For example: from the USA a small 5cm x 5cm item for $50.00 with a $120.00 charge for postage. Terrible!

Hi waynes231259 , thanks for your post. I've been away from the forum for about a week. Come back and this is what I see. Thanks waynes231259  for bringing this up. Just another example of what has ruined the coolness, the fun and grooviness of eBay. Now, you post may attract some of the usual bullies and ones that will try to shout you down. Non't be deterred or allow yourself to be intimidated. Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You should take the time to read here -

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Global-Shipping-Program-put-into-perspective/m-p/2166610#M91...

All the information you need for understanding how the GSP works.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

As said eBay don't read here.

I stay away from listings with GSP and if I am buying from USA or UK and it doesn't clearly show the local post service being used, I ask the seller first.

The GSP has it's place with large bulky items but not for smaller items.

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@daydreams_12 wrote:

You are not addressing your complaint to Ebay here.  It is a public forum with responders being buyers/sellers like yourself.  Ebay do no read here.

There have been hundreds of threads on the boards complaining about the very expensive postage charges.  Have you ever considered messaging sellers who use it and ask if thet are prepared to send by USPS?  Many are not even aware they have been opted in to this programme.  The choice to purchase from other platforms is yours alone.  I cannot see Ebay being overly concerned.

Hi dreams_12, regardless of whether ebay are or are not rwding it here. It's still important that  people like waynes231259  bring the continual problems with this GSP Service(NOT) to our attention and discuss. Another good thing is that suggestions of how to navigate around it are brought up. And after all, this is a help forum.

Good idea to ask sellers to send it via USPS and in about 75% of cases I dare say most sellers will. Sadly there are some sellers who point blank will not.   Below is one of of a few examples I can give.

Global Shipping, the problems are never ending, everyone loses in the long run.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Global-Shipping-the-problems-are-never-ending-everyone-loses...

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

FYI same here…

Pair of shoes I like selling for $750…

Comes out more than $1K due to the shipping programme.

no thanks

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Contact the seller and ask them to input the dimensions and weight of the parcel.

If they do you might get a pleasant surprise in the shipping cost.

BTW, don't drag up 4 year old threads - you are better off starting your own thread.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply