Unusual Message From Seller in China

Last night I received an unusual message from a seller in China. I am waiting for an item that according to the order details was due to arrive by yesterday and I was going to wait until mid next week to contact the seller  - for the first time since purchasing the item -if not delivered by then. This is the seller's message:

"Howdy, Sorry to trouble you, as we were informed by ebay that you are trying to contact us for item not received,right?
Pls don't worry, your item was sent by China Post,the shipping usually takes about 30-40 days,hope you can wait patiently,
if you have any problems, pls just reply to our message or contact us with a message (pls choose"others"),
we will be always here for you. looking forward to hear from you. thank you, have a good day!"

As I have not tried to contact this seller and because I have not discussed this transaction with eBay I do not know what to make of this unusual message. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Unusual Message From Seller in China

Maybe they have had connection trouble and have sent a generic message to all buyers.

Keep an eye on the dates and open INR if you need to, check the FB and see if this is usual regarding delays in posting.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

aps1080
Community Member

carny

I have been getting messages from Chinese sellers re delivery times - after they noted that the items hadn't been delivered.

Things from China have been talking one hell of a long time to arrive so don't expect t within the normal times most seem to specify.

Mine have been 30 - 40 days and that was for items ordered Oct / Nov.

However as someone here suggested, make sure you open a DNR item before the cut off date - 43 days but check what it is.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Is that still the cut off date aps ?

I have no idea now, with the 180 day guarantee etc, do you have longer to claim INR or is it still 45 days?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It looks to me as though they have had other buyers asking questions through ebay and are taking the initiative and asking you to contact them by answering this message.

As I have found out, there is only one option when you go through ebay and that is to make it official that you are complaining, even when you are not.

It is an appalling system...I can understand why sellers are up in arms about it.

If you can possibly avoid it, do not make the question official through ebay unless you are opening an official dispute for non arrival.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

greencat

From what people have said to me on here, it is 45 days or don't go past 43 days before opening a DNR.

But, I have NOT checked the ebay fine print !!!

I sent PM's to the sellers at 30 days, telling them of my expectations and coming back in 10 days for a refund.

ALL obliged, preferring not to have a DNR opened.

As it was, I got refunds on all items and then they all arrived so had to pay them back !!!! LOL

But the main thing that everyone said was to open a DNR at 43 days.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Cheers - still 45 (or as you say 43 to be safe) - good to know.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

If DNR means Did Not Receive, isn't it 30 days from the latest date of estimated delivery shown on the eBay order details to use the new eBay sellet guarantee process? And isn't it now 180 days extended from the previous 45 days to use PaPal's process?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

DNR means Do Not Resuscitate, and I'm sure you don't mean that.

The correct acronym is INR (Item Not Received).
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

In my latest email from Paypal, it is 45 days from the date of actual payment.

I had a scheduled payment 21 days after the date of sale, so from when Paypal took the money from my bank a/c I have 45 days to lodge a complaint.

With eBay it's 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply