Waiting for USPS Priority Package from the US to Australia

Hi,

I had bought an item from the US to arrive in Australia.  The seller used USPS priority because USPS Express had some restrictions due to the value of the item.  Anyhow, I was given the tracking number and the last update on the USPS site says it has been processed through sort facility on the 21/09.  There have been no scans showing that it has arrived in Australia.  It is now 15/10. I am a bit worried and contacted the seller last week and they have lodged an inquiry with USPS.  USPS have said that they will investigate and if the seller does not hear back from them within 24 days to call back.  Just wanted to know if anyone has experience delays receiving USPS priority mail.  The seller was told  it would take 6-10 days and it's way past now.  The seller has been great communicating with me so don't have any bad feeling about them.  They have been great.  I was also wondering how long should I wait in case it hasn't arrived to file a dispute. 

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Waiting for USPS Priority Package from the US to Australia

@mrtrik71 wrote:

Did it all work out with your delivery?

One would hope so, given the MANY years since they posted on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 51 of 76
Latest reply

Hey 😄

It probably is in Australia but hasnt been scanned here yet.

I have numerous parcels and letters coming from everywhere and most have been late....very late. i have been waiting nearly a month for internationals and 2 weeks for domestic. Auspost did put a news thingy out recently that there will be a delay on internationals but nothing yet on domestic. This has been going on for the last 2 months for me but longer for others as i read.

It seems Auspost has dropped the ball and its yet to be seen if they will pick it up again 😞

I also had a customer very recently have his letter take 28 days to travel just 40km across town to him 😮 We couldnt believe it, was a record for us both...

Be patient, if the seller has excellent feedback trust that they did send it and it will arrive eventually. Just check the send date when it arrives ;o)

You have a long time to lodge your paypal dispute....

Good luck 😄

Message 52 of 76
Latest reply

You would have to hope that after 4 YEARS the item would have arrived.................sheesh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 53 of 76
Latest reply

There is apparently no cure for thread resurrection

Message 54 of 76
Latest reply

This obviously irritates you Dave, try turning off your computer and watch tv instead. 

Last i heard you werent the Ebay forum police. 

Message 55 of 76
Latest reply

Was it really necessary to drag up an old thread once again just to have a go at a regular poster.

What exactly have you added to the thread that may be of interest to anyone?

Message 56 of 76
Latest reply

Thank you for your 'considered' comment.

I'm sure you have had a lot of soul searching in the last 9 years finding the exact thread to make a contribution to. Even if it is 9 MONTHS after the fact.

Message 57 of 76
Latest reply

srm0507
Community Member

Message 58 of 76
Latest reply

Thank you for your valuable comment on this decomposed 5yo thread. It was so helpful that I'll be able to sleep so much better tonight. Cheers big ears!

Message 59 of 76
Latest reply

Hi I had my package come through usps and it say delivered. I haven't even received it. Whats their Australian contact?
Message 60 of 76
Latest reply