Waiting for USPS Priority Package from the US to Australia

Hi,

I had bought an item from the US to arrive in Australia.  The seller used USPS priority because USPS Express had some restrictions due to the value of the item.  Anyhow, I was given the tracking number and the last update on the USPS site says it has been processed through sort facility on the 21/09.  There have been no scans showing that it has arrived in Australia.  It is now 15/10. I am a bit worried and contacted the seller last week and they have lodged an inquiry with USPS.  USPS have said that they will investigate and if the seller does not hear back from them within 24 days to call back.  Just wanted to know if anyone has experience delays receiving USPS priority mail.  The seller was told  it would take 6-10 days and it's way past now.  The seller has been great communicating with me so don't have any bad feeling about them.  They have been great.  I was also wondering how long should I wait in case it hasn't arrived to file a dispute. 

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Hi... it should have arrived by now.
mine took just 11 working days from USA to AUST, to arrive.

Open your Item Not Received Case now..dont wait.
If it arrives in the mean time, then you can close it, no probs.

🙂

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 2 of 76
Latest reply

Take the tracking number to any PO they should be able to tell you more than is showing on the normal tracking site.  I had lately couple of items taking forever to come from the USA.  One took 4 days to get the 300km to New York sorting centre, and another couple of weeks to get here.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 3 of 76
Latest reply

My last order from the states i had "upgraded" to priority, thinking it would arrive quicker,  I think the quote on the website was 2-4 weeks for priority or 2-6 weeks for regular.    Well the package took about 3.5 weeks to arrive anyway so it was really a waste of the extra 15 bux.           But I think 6-10 days is a long shot.   

Message 4 of 76
Latest reply

Hi Fab-Fashion - It should have arrived by now - Was the sort facility in the US or does it mention that it is Australian sort facility on the tracking details?

Either way, call Aust Post Customer Service tomorrow morning and ask them to search as well. Good luck.

Message 5 of 76
Latest reply

A lot depends where it is being posted from, if it has been received at a remote sorting facility it could take it a while to even get as far a the US departure point.

You know it is in the system but it may be worth calling AP to ask if they can trace it, sometimes they arrive and that isn't reflected in the tracking.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 76
Latest reply

The sort facility was in Chicago, US.  I had contacted AP yesterday and there have been no scans to indicate that it has arrived in Australia.  They said that there said of been 2 scans by now to say it's arrived in Australia.

Message 7 of 76
Latest reply

yarmak
Community Member

USPS tracking is hopeless.Most times they do not update.A book I got a while back was in my hands yet USPS site said it was still in the States.

Message 8 of 76
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Oh dear, Chicago Sorting Facility is notorious for being a black hole into which ebay parcels disappear, never to be seen again.

Just make sure you do not miss the cutoff time for opening a dispute.

Message 9 of 76
Latest reply

Oh dear that's no good 😞  I have opened a dispute to be safe.

Message 10 of 76
Latest reply