Sneaker authentication

I purchased a pair of shoes covered by ebays authentication program.  The seller took quite a while to send them and when I went to email the seller asking how long they think it would be until they send them I see I cannot ask the seller any questions. Super annoying but anyway. I then got an message saying they had been sent to the authenticator. 

So now it’s been nearly 2 weeks and it still just says ‘item has been sent to authenticator. 

My question is does this mean it’s at the authenticator still waiting to be dispatched from there to me, or is it lost in transit? Does it get scanned when it arrives at the authenticator? 

There is a serious lack of communication and it’s past when it was due to arrive and I’m inclined to open a item not received case, but if I just knew the process was happening I would be a bit more patient and understanding that there’s a delay. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Sneaker authentication

I also understand Covid has had an impact. 

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Sneaker authentication

I've never bought sneakers, so I can't really comment.

I have bought running shoes, from real shops, and paid full retail, less specials discount. I even got to try them on pre-purchase.

Given the state of my knees, that seemed to be prudent at the time.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Sneaker authentication

Oh cool you’re a funny guy. Appreciate the input and the time you spent typing that out. Cheers mate. 

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Sneaker authentication

I don't think it was ever going to be a quick and easy process - even without Covid.

eBay Authenticity Guarantee | eBay

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Sneaker authentication

My point is that buying something like that is something that should be done in person.

I'm sorry you didn't glean that from my post, and that you think buying shoes online from a random seller is a cool thing.

I like to think I have occasional flashes of wit.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Sneaker authentication

Dude, you’re telling me I should buy in store? You’re replying to a thread on a forum from an online based marketplace. Chill bro, your input isn’t necessary (as hilarious as it is) if you don’t understand the question. 

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Sneaker authentication

I fully understand the question.

And, yes, you shouldn't buy things from eBay that are subject to high risk. Like electronics, phones, 'sneakers'.

Just because they are advertised here doesn't make them authentic, safe or advisable.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Sneaker authentication

@davewil1964 wrote:

My point is that buying something like that is something that should be done in person.

I'm sorry you didn't glean that from my post, and that you think buying shoes online from a random seller is a cool thing.

I like to think I have occasional flashes of wit.

A couple of things here,  not sure where you live, but here in Melbourne at the moment on line is the only way available.  I buy all ,my work boots online,  they are exactly the same as going into a store and purchasing there,  not sure of your point here.   If OP doesnt want someone smelling his smelly socks when purchasing his sneakers,  fair enough.

You also mention in another post ''Just because they are advertised here doesn't make them authentic, safe or advisable.'',  that wasnt the point of the OP's question,   it was more should I be worried about the timeframe.    The authenticator will determine if they are authentic, thats the idea of the program.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Sneaker authentication

I do know that there are major postal delays on the east coast, so depending on where the authenticator is located, they could still be either in transit to them, or perhaps on their way to you, but just not with an updated scan.

If the seller has other items for sale, you can ask them a question via one of their other products.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply