Waiting for USPS Priority Package from the US to Australia

Hi,

I had bought an item from the US to arrive in Australia.  The seller used USPS priority because USPS Express had some restrictions due to the value of the item.  Anyhow, I was given the tracking number and the last update on the USPS site says it has been processed through sort facility on the 21/09.  There have been no scans showing that it has arrived in Australia.  It is now 15/10. I am a bit worried and contacted the seller last week and they have lodged an inquiry with USPS.  USPS have said that they will investigate and if the seller does not hear back from them within 24 days to call back.  Just wanted to know if anyone has experience delays receiving USPS priority mail.  The seller was told  it would take 6-10 days and it's way past now.  The seller has been great communicating with me so don't have any bad feeling about them.  They have been great.  I was also wondering how long should I wait in case it hasn't arrived to file a dispute. 

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

jofnui
Community Member

I've had a similiar experience.

Parcel posted in US using USPS in July still not delivered in Australia by late October.

I was starting to think it must have gone overboard in one of those containers that float around the atlantic endlessly.

Apparently not if the forum members below are correct when they say there is no longer surface mail US to AU.

I didn't know that.

Or else destroyed in a vehicle fire when a postal truck went amiss somewhere.

The seller was very good about it and tried to locate what had happened to it and even gave me my money back, even though I wasn't asking for that.

It wasn't their fault; The USPS tracking said it was received and then arrived at a transfer depot, but nothing more.

I'll take advice from below and enquire at Aussie Post today.

Does anyone know the best contact at USPS where I can ask them to check their dead letter cupboard (or going from the below they probably have a warehouse full of lost stuff).

I live in hope that one day it'll mysteriously arrive!

Barry

In all my days of buying on eBay, this is the first purchase that's gone missing.

Message 21 of 76
Latest reply

This thread is 12 months old

Message 22 of 76
Latest reply

jofnui, you have your refund....forget about your parcel and move on.

It is a waste of your time, and the time and resources of the USPS and Australia Post to be pursuing a parcel that went missing 3 months ago.

The time for chasing up a missing parcel is about 30 days after it was sent so that you can open a dispute before the 45 day cut off if it is not found.

As for Surface mail....yes, it was discontinued from the USA back in 2007 but no good seller would use it anyway and no buyer should ever accept that a parcel is being sent by surface mail from any country.

It is almost unheard of for surface mail from any country to arrive within 45 days so it invariably leads to a dispute being opened.

Message 23 of 76
Latest reply

Hi

I've been checking on my usps tracking and it says departed from melbourne vic

Just wanting to know how long it will take to arrive at my address as i can't track it through auspost tracking..

Message 24 of 76
Latest reply

No idea, you'd probably need to check with Australia Post on that one. They are the ones that do the deliveries, not other eBay members.

Always pays to start a new thread when you have a concern, not dredge one up that's 2 years old.

Hopefully your parcel will turn up soon. If not, open an item not received before 45 days from purchase date.

Message 25 of 76
Latest reply

If you want to track a USPS parcel then you need to go to the USPS site, not Australia Post.

If you have tracked it to Melbourne then you should have some idea how long it takes for your mail to arrive from Melbourne?  Where does it have to go to?

Message 26 of 76
Latest reply

Glad to hear you finally got your package. I have found Priority Mail to be very slow compared to First Class Mail from the USA. Many times mine have taken several weeks to arrive. I received one from the USA in 6 days, via First Class, although it usually takes 10-14 days.
Message 27 of 76
Latest reply

I'am waiting for some RAM for my MacPro computer and the same thing is happening to me.....waiting waiting,,,,,,,,

Message 28 of 76
Latest reply

Hope your RAM isn't coming from China!

Message 29 of 76
Latest reply

Hi
My package left Los Angeles 10th Jan only to arrive at Sydney sort facility on 19th jan 11am / 9 days for a 15 hour flight. !!!
Package is still sitting at sydney USPS sort facility i.e. has spent 2 days going nowhere

No explanation for delays

My guesses ! Staff on holidays or some hyper terrorist threat security checks of packages or lost the plot completely
Message 30 of 76
Latest reply