What is happening with feedback?

have about 10 purchases from big sellers who I naively left feedback but recieved zip.

No one bothers leving feedback anymore? Should I start doing the same?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: What is happening with feedback?

@fjg260902 wrote:

I leave more feedback than I receive, but there are times when I buy from a few sellers knowing very well they are not going to leave feedback and I think to myself why should I bother leaving feedback for you.

But when I have received the item I leave feedback for the non leavers too.

I do that for a reason. I always leave feedback as soon as I open the item then when I look back on my purchases I can tell straight away what has arrived and what hasn't arrived.

If I see I have left feedback I know I have received the item if I see no feedback left for the seller I know it hasn't arrived yet.    

it is just my way of keeping track of my purchases.

and leaving feedback once an item arrives means you are leaving sellers feedback, which not only helps you keep track of purchases, it helps other buyers assess the sellers you have bought from.

There have been many suggestions put forward over the years that I have been contributing here, and one of them is to do away with buyer's feedback comments and replace them with a completed transactions count.

If you read the feedback sellers leave buyers it is generally generic comments along the lines of "Good buyer, prompt payment, recommended eBayer" which is a load of carp if it is a seller leaving a buyer that sort of comment based on one transaction.  If you dig deeper into those sorts of comments and look at the feedback those sellers leave for all their buyers you will see why I call it generic . . . . . they leave the same comment for all their buyers!

Spoiler
yeah, I know, no need to look at the feedback I have left others . . . . . I too have left the generic carp for both buyers and sellers . . . . Guilty as charged, but you can look anyway.  What you will see is that I have left more feedback than I have received.
Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

I don't care about feedback unless it's negative. I buy items on ebay, not feedback 🙂

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

It seems Few and far between atm, don't get hung up about it, it doesn't mean that you have done a bad job or anything like that just that they are either not interested or forget. We love to get feedback, but we don't hold our breath!

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

have about 10 purchases from big sellers who I naively left feedback but recieved zip.

--------------------------

The trouble with that is about 80% of sellers will only leave FB once you have.

I find just about all sellers leave FB for me.

It's pretty unusual to find those who are running a business on ebay, large or small, not to leave FB, in my experience.

How important is it? I think it can be important for sellers, not quite as much for buyers. To me as a buyer, it makes a seller look more professional if they do leave it. Attention to detail.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

@fjg260902 wrote:

I leave more feedback than I receive, but there are times when I buy from a few sellers knowing very well they are not going to leave feedback and I think to myself why should I bother leaving feedback for you.

But when I have received the item I leave feedback for the non leavers too.

I do that for a reason. I always leave feedback as soon as I open the item then when I look back on my purchases I can tell straight away what has arrived and what hasn't arrived.

If I see I have left feedback I know I have received the item if I see no feedback left for the seller I know it hasn't arrived yet.    

it is just my way of keeping track of my purchases.

I do it for the exact same reasons. Mostly because a lot of my purchases could contain multiple items from the same seller. One of the multiple purchases I received the other day was missing an item. I sent the seller a message and she's putting it in with my next order. It got missed, nothing sinister. Once I've left feedback I "hide" the order and that's the end of it. If the seller leaves me feedback they do, if they don't, I don't really care.

As someone else said, I buy because I want the items, I don't buy coloured dots on a screen or a generic message telling me how wonderful I am because I paid for what I bought. I pay for my groceries when I go shopping too and I don't expect a ticker tape parade with streamers and dancers praising me for paying straight away. That sort of thing is kind of expected when you buy something.

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

How many other websites show feedback for buyers?  Not many of the websites I buy from show any feedback at all but a few do show comments from buyers - but never about buyers because nobody else wants to know about it.  We can't do a thing about who buys from us so feedback for them is fairly irrelevant, but we do need to know what to expect from a seller.  

Feedback for sellers is to let other potential buyers know what to expect and if we can't be bothered leaving any then we can't really complain if other buyers don't leave bad feedback (when it's deserved) and warn us.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

I still think buyers should get a number for their buying experience.

How else do you tell an inexperienced numnut buyer from a seasoned numnut buyer?

At least with an inexperienced one, you can give them some leeway

A seasoned one should know better

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

But I NEED more feedback, I want to dress it up and take it out on a date, I want to cook and clean for it and cherish it because it is so dear to me. Without more feedback I would feel invalidated, lonely and judged by others as unworthy. How dare anyone tell me that my beloved feedback should be cancelled and replaced by points. My feedbacks are like my children, how could I exchange them for a single point. Oh cruel world.

Actually, dreadful parent that I am, I couldn't even tell you how many feedback I have on my buying account or any of my selling accounts lol.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

@2bargainhunter wrote:

In the last thirteen transactions, you have left two neutrals and two false positives. With 30% of your recent feedbacks left for others suggesting problems, maybe sellers are not game to enter into feedback exchanges with you....... " Just sayin "     Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply