With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of 2

It used to be 3 months a ways back in the 2000s. Over the last few years I have had some difficult-to-deal-with sellers, and to get a problem reciified it has taken a long time. At least three have taken a very very long time. Two of them took longer than two months to resolve.

Now we have this viirus problem, some postal services have slowed down. A non eBay transaction had to be cancelled and me refunded. It was from the UK. Then last week, 3 days off of 2 months, the item arrived. I have informed seller and will refund later this week.

So, in light of what is going on, I think eBay should change it back to 3 months  instead of  the current 2 months to leave feedback. What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 125
Latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have never known feedback to be able to be left for 3 months.....it has always been 60 days since I joined.

Message 2 of 125
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

It used to be 3 months a ways back in the 2000s. Over the last few years I have had some difficult-to-deal-with sellers, and to get a problem reciified it has taken a long time. At least three have taken a very very long time. Two of them took longer than two months to resolve.

Now we have this viirus problem, some postal services have slowed down. A non eBay transaction had to be cancelled and me refunded. It was from the UK. Then last week, 3 days off of 2 months, the item arrived. I have informed seller and will refund later this week.

So, in light of what is going on, I think eBay should change it back to 3 months  instead of  the current 2 months to leave feedback. What are your thoughts?

let me get this right . . . based on your non-eBay transaction you want to see feedback on eBay lengthened?

Was the non-eBay seller subject to the same selling conditions that eBay impose on sellers? (posting within stated handling time, uploading tracking, having a returns policy)

Message 3 of 125
Latest reply

And what special treatment will sellers be given, to compliment this ? 

(in reality, I mean, not the fairytales eBay say they will take into account in the Coronavirus era) 

(Actually, postal systems world wide have been massively impacted for some time alreasy, and will be for some time to come)  which has been widely advertised and buyers are well aware of before buying)

Message 4 of 125
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I have never known feedback to be able to be left for 3 months.....it has always been 60 days since I joined.

It was before you joined.

brerrabbit585
Community Member

Re: How to report a bad seller when the review date has expired? Never received item & they wont[ Edited ]

in reply to davewil1964

It would have been 2008 that they changed it. I used to buy a lot of things from the UK and use sea mail, but I was pretty much forced to pay for airmail once they changed it to 60 days, so of course I didn't buy much after that. Sellers used to tell me it was cheaper to post to me than to someone else in the UK (with sea mail).

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/How-to-report-a-bad-seller-when-the-review-date-has-expired/...

It was discussed here

Message 5 of 125
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote

let me get this right . . . based on your non-eBay transaction you want to see feedback on eBay lengthened?

Was the non-eBay seller subject to the same selling conditions that eBay impose on sellers? (posting within stated handling time, uploading tracking, having a returns policy)

No! Not based on that. We all know that mail service has slowed rigfht down. Some people I know are waiting double time. Because of this virus scare, some Latin American countries are not posting overseas. Well, that was the case 2 weeks ago.

The non-eBay transaction was by one of the primo sellers who is well respected.  He posted 5 days after the order was made and was surprised after 3 weeks that it hadn't arrived. Took 3 days off of 2 months to come to Aust from the UK.

We are in troubled and dificult times old chap.

Message 6 of 125
Latest reply

Since the postal problem is not going to last forever I can't see any point in extending the feedback time - all it would result in is people whining when it's put back to 60 days.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 125
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Since the postal problem is not going to last forever I can't see any point in extending the feedback time - all it would result in is people whining when it's put back to 60 days.

I disagree and "whining" probably isn't the apt term to use to try and predict what people's responses are. The fact is padi that postage times are being slowed right down. The time it takes to get something can be double. Then if a seller asks for the item to be returned as some overseas sellers do, it can take double time to get back. And if that seller's life is being disrupted as is with many of us, then extra time is needed. Again, we are in troubled and difficult times.

At the moment, benefit recipients are being paid extra to help them through the troubled times and keep the economy stimulated. This will come to an end.

Message 8 of 125
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:
The fact is padi that postage times are being slowed right down.

Then the obvious answer would be for eBay to extend their fallacious ETA's by a month.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 125
Latest reply

old chap . . . pffffffffft!

Message 10 of 125
Latest reply