With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of 2

It used to be 3 months a ways back in the 2000s. Over the last few years I have had some difficult-to-deal-with sellers, and to get a problem reciified it has taken a long time. At least three have taken a very very long time. Two of them took longer than two months to resolve.

Now we have this viirus problem, some postal services have slowed down. A non eBay transaction had to be cancelled and me refunded. It was from the UK. Then last week, 3 days off of 2 months, the item arrived. I have informed seller and will refund later this week.

So, in light of what is going on, I think eBay should change it back to 3 months  instead of  the current 2 months to leave feedback. What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 125
Latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of 2

it takes a long time to get the mail through ,,and we DO NEED MORE TIME TO LEAVE THE FEEDBACK..once we get the mail eventualy
Message 121 of 125
Latest reply

Nah...60 days is plenty. Probably too much time, to be honest.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 122 of 125
Latest reply

Community Member

Re: With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of

in reply to dvd.horder
Nah...60 days is plenty. Probably too much time, to be honest.

A chap could be forgiven for thinking that you are not in favour of much that benefits common buyers.  Now you suggest less than 60 days. Strange, items are arriving close-to and after 60 days and you seem to be an advocte of reduction.

Message 123 of 125
Latest reply

the whole feedback system needs a review.

Message 124 of 125
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

A chap could be forgiven for thinking that you are not in favour of much that benefits common buyers.  Now you suggest less than 60 days. Strange, items are arriving close-to and after 60 days and you seem to be an advocte of reduction.

You jump to conclusions while ignoring facts. The facts on the ground are that sellers have been negatively affected by shipping delays — I'm not going to go to the trouble of linking back to all the recent posts on the subject from sellers who've had INR cases opened for transiting items; you know they're there, even if you choose to ignore them.  

eBay even introduced a policy of removing non-positive feedback received due to these issues — another fact you like to deny the significance of.

I have no problem with measures that benefit "common buyers", but not where it's to the detriment of sellers by allowing stupid, or impatient, or naïve, or malicious buyers to leave negative feedback for items that arrive late due to pandemic-induced worldwide shipping delays.

So please, keep insisting on the injustice dealt to buyers whose international orders arrived late and the need to return to a 90-day feedback window; I'm more than happy to keep pointing out what a stupid idea it is.

Message 125 of 125
Latest reply