How to report a bad seller when the review date has expired? Never received item & they wont refund?

jgil8372
Community Member

I purchasesd an item that has never arrived. 

The seller admits it has never arrived.

Opened a case through the website but they just keep msg saying please wait longer. Just email ping pong back and forth with me rejecting there offer to wait longer. Its been 3 months. 

How can i get my money back, or report them or escalate this case.

Seems i cant do a review of the seller either. 

Please help

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How to report a bad seller when the review date has expired? Never received item & they wont

I think you may have left it too long as far as an ebay claim goes.

Don't worry about feedback, that's the least of your worries, your main concern is to get your money back.

Never in future let a seller talk you into waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting. A few days grace yes, but after that, always open a claim within the first month.

I think you only get a month to open an item not received claim with ebay but the good news is if you paid with paypal, I think you get 180 days with them.

Don't spend another second on messaging the seller, go straight into paypal, open an official claim and follow through on it.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Re: How to report a bad seller when the review date has expired? Never received item & they wont

I assume you mean feedback not review, that is something different.

You have 60 days to leave feedback.

As suggested, open a case for INR in PayPal.

Don't close it until you have a refund.

But keep an eye on it in case you are asked to respond, don't ignore it.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I think you may have left it too long as far as an ebay claim goes.

Don't worry about feedback, that's the least of your worries, your main concern is to get your money back.

Never in future let a seller talk you into waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting. A few days grace yes, but after that, always open a claim within the first month.

I think you only get a month to open an item not received claim with ebay but the good news is if you paid with paypal, I think you get 180 days with them.

Don't spend another second on messaging the seller, go straight into paypal, open an official claim and follow through on it.

Very true what springyzone says. And "Don't spend another second on messaging the seller" is right. Get your claim done first.

When eBay reduced the feedback time from 3 months to 2, it has been a hinderance in some cases. But as springyzone says, Don't waste time. Get on to the claim.  Some sellers do string people along and then when it's too late to put in a claim, it's just too late for anything!

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

When was it ever 3 months to leave feedback?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Message 4 of 5 (22 Views)

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

in reply to 4channel

When was it ever 3 months to leave feedback?

A few years back. In the period of the good old days

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

More than a few years. It's been 60 days for at least the last 11 years.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, way more than a few years......I have never known anything but 60 days....it was 60 days when I joined.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

More than a few years. It's been 60 days for at least the last 11 years.

Yes, been a while. Pity they changed it as there are some instances where more than 2 months is needed. Some sellers send stuff via the turtle track. Also some negotations take longer than 2 months as I have experienced. I once has a case of a buyer sending me the payment which was for another bidder when I was selling Took a while to get him to underrstand what he had done wrong,

Some sellers have send items to the wrong people and that can take time to sort out. 3 months was a good safety margin.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Yes, way more than a few years......I have never known anything but 60 days....it was 60 days when I joined.

Yeah well I probably joined a couple of so years before you and it was 3 months / 90 days for a fair bit after.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply