a floor steamer in August 2021 have used it twice now it won't turn on can i return it for repair

sidne1712
Community Member

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: a floor steamer in August 2021 have used it twice now it won't turn on can i return it for repa

Did you buy it from an authorised seller who provided a warranty ?

If not, no

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Re: a floor steamer in August 2021 have used it twice now it won't turn on can i return it for repa

I'd reckon no, too.

Clean floors twice in 7 months.....wow

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Is it possible it needs to be charged, I wonder ?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Unless you purchase directly from a shop or an authorised Ebay reseller, you're out of luck.

You have 30 days from the date of receipt to lodge any issues.

Warranty is pretty worthless on Ebay, no matter what is written in the description. Ebay will not assist as they are not in the business of warranties - they are simply the middleman between you and the seller, so to speak.

Seller has zero obligation after the 30 day window has closed, which is one of the pitfalls of buying on Ebay in the hopes of maybe saving a few dollars.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Probably  a cheap Chinese piece of carp not designed to work more than twice?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

images - 2021-09-21T115255.796.jpeg

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

repentatleisure1952_0-1647585935470.jpeg

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Probably not through your ebay seller, no. Unless they are an authorised seller, as others have said.

I can understand your disappointment as usually these steamers can cost a fair bit and usually they come with a warranty. Warranties on ebay though are pretty useless unless through an authorised seller. Anything electrical, you are probably best buying from a real store in Australia (just for future reference)

But have a look at the brand name on your steamer and if it is  one available in Australia, you may be able to contact them directly about repairs. You'll probably have to pay for that yourself though.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply