Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Is anyone else disillusioned with the ebay buying experience since the GSP was introduced?

Shipping charges from the US under the Global Shipping Program are extorniate. A once favourite pastime as a buyer on ebay will become history if the sellers are unwilling or unable to opt out of this ridiculously expensive Shipping Program that has ...

shill bidding

Hi eBayers,In reply to a previous blog, YES Shill Bidding is rife amongst some Jewellery Auction Sellers in Queensland. They are all Friends, eBay USA confirmed it is Shill Bidding Yet nothing done bar a Warning. So Sad for Buyers from these Unscrupu...

Resolved! I bid on item auctioned this morning. I bid $212.25 and was outbid at $110. How?

I bid on Item finishing at 8am this morning. I bid $212.25. Ebay accepted my bid and told me I was the next highest bidder at $108..., next thing I am outbid by $110... and didn't win the auction. Can you please explain? $212.25 was staring me in the...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! High starting prices

I understand that ebay is essentially a sellers' site, however it seems more and more that auction sellers are listing items at a premium starting price, eg. a used doona cover was listed at a starting bid of $80. I use ebay predominantly as a buyer ...

Resolved! "dog chewed the dress"

I have just won a dress and it is obvious that the seller didnt get the price she wanted for it. She sent me a message saying the dog chewed it up. When I immediately replied back and asked for a photo of the damage she said she threw it out. What op...

• 60 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Thank you eBay.

Thanks for adding: Customs services and international tracking provided to the sellers that use the Global Shipping Program,(when searching that comes up under the item title), I'm now able to avoid the sellers that use the GSP without having to go i...

• 4 replies
  • 2 Helpful

item shipped 2 weeks after sale date

i Bought some "wheel Bearings" to do repairs on my car from a Ebay seller on the 25 Aug 2013. Seller had Express Mail service ( Which usually takes 2-3 days for delivery in Australia" After 7 days I did not recieve the item and contacted the seller a...

• 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Baby Gift Help!

This has now been moved to 'Community Spirit'

User avatar by Community Manager Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Shill Bidding

Good morning good people. I put in bids on two items with the same seller yesterday. Late last night, when both were bid up to close to my limit within minutes of each other, by the same bidder, my suspicions were raised. I looked closely at the bidd...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Item paid for but cancelled by ebay

Ebay cancelled a listing I had purchased and advised I go to paypal to get a refund. Paypal then replies stating that I will not be able to get a refund..What do I do now??

• 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Paypal dispute closed. Seller promised to send item and did not.

A dispute with paypal was opened as item was not received. Seller said she would not refund nor resend the item until the dispute as closed. I closed the paypal dispute - and the item has still not been received, nor has the money been refunded. I tr...