blocked seller list

Is it possible to block sellers in the same manner as blocking buyers? I have a list that began with adding sellers who wouln't respond to questions, that picked up some pace when I began adding sellers whose fb wasn't up to scratch and responded to negs in cave-man style. The list is now quite lengthy, and growing with additions gleaned from ripped off and un-happy posters here on the discussion boards (I sometime get the opportunity to see them before the mods enter the arena). The eb ids are in a data base accessable via my favourites menu and , although this is working for me, I was wondering if there is some other, eb, way of keeping sellers I don't want to ever deal with from being recognised when I visit pages in most categories.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: blocked seller list

Do a search for the items you want to search for and when the results come up, on the menu on the left, click "more refinements". When the box pops up, select the Seller link. Tick the Only Show Items box, then change the dropdown box to Exclude. Add the sellers names that you don't want to see, separated by a comma or a space, then hit Go. When the new search comes up, up the top of the results is "follow this search". Selecting that will save that search. 

When you want to access that saved search again, you can find it up the top of the page in the dropdown, if you click the Advanced link next to the blue search button, or in the menu on the left of your My eBay page, Searches you Follow.

Follow the above instructions for any other searches where you want to filter out certain sellers. You can add new sellers by clicking on the More Refinements link in your saved search and adding the new name/s.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@skyrider12-au wrote:

Is it possible to block sellers in the same manner as blocking buyers? I have a list that began with adding sellers who wouln't respond to questions, that picked up some pace when I began adding sellers whose fb wasn't up to scratch and responded to negs in cave-man style. The list is now quite lengthy, and growing with additions gleaned from ripped off and un-happy posters here on the discussion boards (I sometime get the opportunity to see them before the mods enter the arena). The eb ids are in a data base accessable via my favourites menu and , although this is working for me, I was wondering if there is some other, eb, way of keeping sellers I don't want to ever deal with from being recognised when I visit pages in most categories.

Why would you need to block Sellers ? You just dont visit their site or buy from them. Job done. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

That's just plain silly, no one's forcing you to buy from sellers that you don't want to buy from!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more but you seem to misunderstand what I have said so I will say it slowly for you. I have a growing list of sellers that I don't want to entertain on a data base contained with-in my favourites - I suppose too many knocks on my head  and a little bit of senior citizenship is reason enough to explain that I don't remember all who are listed in that data and I find that I am cotinually referring to it, as well as adding to it. I am wanting to move away from that scenario because it is time consuming and takes me away from eb. The question I have is .....is there some other way, with-in ebay, that will block out what I don't want to see.

I'm not asking if I should buy something from somebody that I don't weant to buy from ... "that would be just plain silly"!  wouldn't it! 

.........................                  rushes off to check your seller's fb.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Short answer would be "no".

You could try adding them to your "blocked" list, and see if it prevents you from bidding (test it by adding a seller who has something you actually want, then try and bid on the item. If it works, and your bid isn't accepted, remove them from the list and then try bidding again. If it doesn't work, you have your answer).

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are filters you can use in your searches if that helps, like myself I search Australia only for certain products and new.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Do a search for the items you want to search for and when the results come up, on the menu on the left, click "more refinements". When the box pops up, select the Seller link. Tick the Only Show Items box, then change the dropdown box to Exclude. Add the sellers names that you don't want to see, separated by a comma or a space, then hit Go. When the new search comes up, up the top of the results is "follow this search". Selecting that will save that search. 

When you want to access that saved search again, you can find it up the top of the page in the dropdown, if you click the Advanced link next to the blue search button, or in the menu on the left of your My eBay page, Searches you Follow.

Follow the above instructions for any other searches where you want to filter out certain sellers. You can add new sellers by clicking on the More Refinements link in your saved search and adding the new name/s.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Just follow what ILMS has posted and the excluided sellers items will never show up in your searched items ever again effectively blocking the seller from your search list.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks sheep, this is exactly the sort of thing I have been asking for... well done.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Glad to be of help! Make sure you look at all the other options in that pop up box too so you can get your saved search exactly how you want it. For example, if you only want to search Australia, or you are looking for local pick up items etc. It can give you an almost perfect search without having to refine anything once the results come up.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply