eBay keeps reporting me to my ISp

sna-4293
Community Member

Hi everyone. I am having an issue with eBay. Unfortunately one of the members keeps reporting me to eBay, then eBay reports me to my ISP, causing them to shut me down for a period of time. My ISP does this without notice and eBay reports me to my ISP without notice. On 13 Feb this year, I had a 24 hour loss of internet access. In between 13 Feb and 18 feb, I've done nothing wrong on eBay, and I'm reported again and Internet connection is shut down again on 18th Feb. Reinstated on 19 Feb and in between 19 Feb and 9 Mar, nothing done wrong and the same member keeps reporting me and eBay reports me to internet service provider yet again and my connection is suspended for another 24 hours. However I first dealt with this member when I ordered some DC5 CD's from them in 2018, and I was permanently banned for harassing them. I bought something here on eBay from the same mob recently "Playschool Humpty Dumpty CD Like New" and it appears to be the same member from who I bought my DC5 CD's through Discogs. I am not allowed to name the member because eBay will edit it out. Never had this stupid reporting to my ISP since I began to deal with this seller from Ohio. Item was sent through Global Shipping centre. 

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would very much doubt that eBay has the power to close down your internet, they could only restrict or close your eBay account.

Look elsewhere for the internet problem..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

sna-4293
Community Member

Hey just for posting this, I'm probably going to be reported to Telstra by eBay again and Telstra is probably going to shut me down for it.

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What reason have you been given by your ISP for shutting you down?

They must have some reason.

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

And when Telstra shuts me down, i'm in the **bleep**. Internet is my only form of communication, and when eBay reports me to Telstra, I am unable to talk to my boss. I am unable to listen to Youtube. I am unable to view my eBay purchases. I don't understand why Telstra would side with them and shut my internet connection down. This has got something to do with my Country Giants Vol. 2 24 Track Collection not received and ordered on Sep 28.

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

ISP is doing this without notice. Seller should be banned for trying to retaliate. I'm never buying another CD on eBay again.

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

Should I just quit using Telstra and go with another iSP who will think shutting me down due to eBay's request is a waste of time? I think it's a huge waste of time. REMOVED is the name of the Telstra Lady who answers the requests and shuts me down straight away.

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

As a result of my internet connection being disabled during the week, I have left my Mozilla Thunderbird program running with no connection. Also on the day of the shut down, one of my special connectors blew up due to excessive work when constantly trying to connect to the internet. I had messages in Facebook Messenger whcih kept attempting to send when the internet was down, and this caused the special connector to blow up. My IT people reinstalled my new connector, and now, Mozilla Thunderbird cannot connect to Microsoft Outlook. Now I have no email communication. Now I have to stop using Thunderbird. The reason I use Thunderbird is because Microsoft Office activation refuses every product key I enter, weather it be mine or my Dad's. If I try to use Thunderbird again, it will never connect to the server. When I was shut down on 18 Feb, I was playing around with Messenger when there was no connection. Due to excessive work in trying to send the multiple messages, the router was hot and needed to cool. One of the messages actually had me banned from living with my parents. I was told by my sister I am not welcome in her new house with my Mum and nephew and that i'd have to sort out my own **bleep** and live with Dad or my Uncle. The message was not really nice and I explained to her the reason I done this and forget to delete the conversation off my Messenger app before connecting to the internet. I swore on my Nephew's life my Country Giants CD will never show up and that the Covid 19 Pandemic will never end. Now my unforgiving sister doesn't want anything to do with me and now she's no longer a sister to me. My parents have split and whenever my Mum and sister come over to collection some stuff, I feel really nervous and scared of them. I now hate my own sister.

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

I am beginning to see where the problem might be.

Sorry I have no other suggestions.....but it would not appear to be ebay's fault.

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

edited to remove my post, yep, I too reealise where the problem lays

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

I have spoken to my computer technican, and her husband has informed me that changing to another provided will not help because the other providers will go through Telstra, so I'm screwed. The mods have edited this thread, and let's see what happens in the coming month with my internet connection.
Message 10 of 44
Latest reply