opinions on item bought

soxy74
Community Member
would you expect to receive a new or worn item?

item condition : used
picture: clothing with tags attached
title: states retail price, excellent condition, with tags
description: states as new with tags
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: opinions on item bought

It's very possible they have accidentally chosen the used item condition instead of new.

I've done it before myself - we are only human.  All you need to do is ask the seller if it's a mistake... Easy as pie.

I said to myself,
Self, I said...
Cheer up, things could get worse,
So I cheered up and sure enough,
Things got worse.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Used - nowhere does it say it is new. It says it is "As New"

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I would expect it to be used, but still in 'as new' condition. With tags attached.

I have sold items myself where the item was new with tags but due to being in storage, or part of a mega sale (lots of handling) I haven't felt right listing it as a brand new item. 

In that case I usually say used but in new condition (only after I've given it a wash to get rid of storage smell/handling marks).

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

....and instead of trying to desipher what they mean by their description, like I said before, all you have to do is ask them! Whether their explanation sounds valid or not, take it from there.  🙂

I said to myself,
Self, I said...
Cheer up, things could get worse,
So I cheered up and sure enough,
Things got worse.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Used - nowhere does it say it is new. It says it is "As New"

Yeah, it appears to be used but in as new condition. At least the seller did the right thing and clicked on Used instead of New.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

....and instead of trying to desipher what they mean by their description, like I said before, all you have to do is ask them! Whether their explanation sounds valid or not, take it from there.  🙂

The OP has indicated they have already bought the item.

The OP may need to come back and confirm whether they have received the item already.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

soxy74
Community Member

Hi. Thanks for the answers and sorry for the confusion.

I am visiting family interstate, one of whom bought and has received the item. We are just discussing the listing as there are several differing opinions on what one would expect with this purchase.

While it states used as the condition, the picture shows the tag attached to the item with a black tie/string, making it look like a new item.

The item when received was obviously worn, washed and the tag was not attached, but cut off and was sitting in theback pocket.

Its too late now to clarify or decipher, just actually wondering on others opinions on is it misleading or not.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

would you expect to receive a new or worn item?

based on the information you have provided, I would hope for a new item, but l would expect that I would receive a worn item.

I am visiting family interstateone of whom bought and has received the item

Now there is the problem-interstaters don't have a clue about buying on ebay-trust me 😞

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply