the global shipping program is a scam

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: pitney bowes postal scam

marwi_3023
Community Member
GSP is a scam.
Inflated shipping charges. Dodgy repacking.
ebay pockets percentage of inflated charges.
Confiscate whatever they decide too
Message 51 of 64
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

The negative sides of GSP are what hurts the "Everyday People" and that gets under my collar!!! 

Unfortunately if someone only talks about the negative aspects of something then after a while they tend to lose overall credibility on the subject.

I rarely watch Channel 9 (or any other commercial station for that matter) but I do listen to ABC both on radio and television, and they can be biased towards their subjects as well - it's in their agenda believe it or not.

Padi old son, you may notice that the title of this thread is "pitney bowes postal scam". I am contributing to this thread as I have a right to. I have shared my own personal negative experiences that have affected me, just as others here ......  have done ..... still do and .....  will continue to do. I haven't had a positive experience with Global shipping yet.  And unlike some here, I will never become an apologist for Pintey Bowes and it's Global Shipping (As others refer to it as) Scam.

This is a board where members come to warn others about the dangers of some selling practices and other aspects of eBay that affect buyers. Also a board to support those who are hurting from the "bad" that exists.

It has been mentioned to me that some local sellers speak in support of Global Shipping / Pitney Bowes because they know that the inflated and outlandish prices will force buyers to purchase locally. And young k1ooo-slr-sales has supported this theory / fact in his telling me that my collection will grown in value because local buyers would prefer to buy locally rather than overseas.

Message 52 of 64
Latest reply

@marwi_3023 wrote:
GSP is a scam.
Inflated shipping charges. Dodgy repacking.
ebay pockets percentage of inflated charges.
Confiscate whatever they decide too

Hi marwi_3023, yes it certainly is a scam. Twice I have had terrible lazy (CGAS) type of packing and which resulted in a  disc of an ultra-rare dvd set being badly damaged. In one of the threads a couple of months ago, padi mentioned someone having an electric guitar confliscated and then some time later it was seen being sold on a Pitney-related site.  Very disgusting!

Message 53 of 64
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Padi old son, you may notice that the title of this thread is "pitney bowes postal scam". I am contributing to this thread as I have a right to. I have shared my own personal negative experiences that have affected me, just as others here ......  have done ..... still do and .....  will continue to do. I haven't had a positive experience with Global shipping yet.  And unlike some here, I will never become an apologist for Pintey Bowes and it's Global Shipping (As others refer to it as) Scam.

This is a board where members come to warn others about the dangers of some selling practices and other aspects of eBay that affect buyers. Also a board to support those who are hurting from the "bad" that exists.

It has been mentioned to me that some local sellers speak in support of Global Shipping / Pitney Bowes because they know that the inflated and outlandish prices will force buyers to purchase locally. And young k1ooo-slr-sales has supported this theory / fact in his telling me that my collection will grown in value because local buyers would prefer to buy locally rather than overseas.

Spoiler
ha ha . . . . “young” k1ooo . . . . . . . now everyone knows you are talking sh!t

Truth be told, I’m most likely to be older than you 4channel.

I take exception to your categorisation of posters who post on these threads about the GSP as either being “hurt by the GSP” OR “apologists for the GSP”.

I am neither against the GSP (and I have bought items that have used the GSP) NOR an apologist for the GSP (I have, in the past, even started a thread that highlights its stupidity and shortcomings).

I do not post in support of the GSP.  I post information that may help others navigate their way through transactions that use GSP.  I offer advice, facts and strategies that may help others . . . . . or not . . . . . . depends on whether they want advice or a place to whinge/whine/complain/bleat about the GSP.

I know that others do the same, mostly without the use of emotive terms, wild claims or generalisations.

Message 54 of 64
Latest reply

Spoiler
“young k1ooo” . . . . . . . still laughing Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL
Message 55 of 64
Latest reply

It's OK Pops, I'll bring you your knitted knee rug and a cup of tea. That will fix everything.

Message 56 of 64
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

It's OK Pops, I'll bring you your knitted knee rug and a cup of tea. That will fix everything.

don’t forget that I like a little nip with me tea Smiley Wink

Message 57 of 64
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

don’t forget that I like a little nip with me tea Smiley Wink

Crabs?

Message 58 of 64
Latest reply

Yeah they got me to' seller refunded my money' Pinney Bowes kept my freight & tax component' eBay is absolutely not what it used to be.

Message 59 of 64
Latest reply

Your post on a thread that is over 2 years old has added nothing to the thread.  If you have a problem, start a new one.

Message 60 of 64
Latest reply