purchased and paid $2400 for a chanel bag and find out that it is fake from bagzgalorez ?

i wolud like to share my bad experience with all buyers on ebay.

purchased and paid $2400 for a chanel bag and find out that it is fake from <Removed>

MY ONLY MISTAKE WAS LISTEN TO THE SELLER AND CHECK OUT VIA BANK DEPOSIT.

THIS IS THE WORST MISTAKE THAT ANYONE COULD DO . PLS BEWARE .

after indentiied the bag was fake .

i imediately contacted the seller and requested return and refund.

my shocking experince was because i checked out and paid via bank deposit 

i have not protection .

i lost $2400

ebay favour the seller instead of me , i am watching my $2400 being ROB during daylight and have no say in anything 

worst of all 

the seller is still continous her journey of selling fake bag and  ROBBING other buyers .

SHE CALLED HERSELF 

<Removed>

SHE TOOK $2400 FROM ME 

EBAY STILL LET HER SELLING 

I AM SO DISAPOINTED OF HOW EBAY HANDELING MY CASE .

DIDNT OFFER MUCH HELP BUT RATHER SAID 

BECAUSE I CHECKED OUT VIA BANK DEPOSIT THEY CANT HELP ME .:( 

very unhappy , unsatify buyer 

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: purchased and paid $2400 for a chanel bag and find out that it is fake from bagzgalorez ?

I looked on the web site and they had a one only "Louis Vuitton" bag there which looked very genuine. Posting from Mildura, Victoria but everything was written in german.
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Re: purchased and paid $2400 for a chanel bag and find out that it is fake from bagzgalorez ?

pancaket52,

neither Chanel or Louis Vuitton have SALES.

Not true.

LV most definitely has them - seen it with my own eyes.

Cues of people wind around the corner, guy at the door lets a small groups of few in at the time.

And huge placards in red, with a word SALE on the front shop windows.

So - that's a sale, I guess.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I stand corrected - I think it was just Chanel who never have sales - seemed to have read it somewhere.  They don't have them because it would annoy their wealthy clientele who paid the megabucks. LOL.

I put that bit in because a few Chinese Sellers of these 'genuine ' articles sometimes say they got them on SALE which is another red flag. (the more red flags the better)

I must admit though that the fakes are getting very good and they're becoming more difficult to identify.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

This confirms my suspicions.  A lot of people, even people familiar with ebay (and jennym has over 2200 transactions) can get caught and don't always know exactly how things work.

It is easy to say don't get sucked in, always pay via paypal etc and I know that is how I usually operate these days, but I do know a long while ago I also got caught, bought something, paid via paypal then a couple of days later found the egg timer showed the payment hadn't gone through. Contacted seller who was quite chatty back & said she was having inexplicable problems with her paypal so could I pay via bank deposit.

I did and that was the end I ever heard from her, didn't receive my goods either.  Some of these rogues are very plausible.

It is sounding as if the bag might be a fake and I think if I were the buyer I would follow all the advice given by others here about who to contact etc

But it is a bit of a cop out for Ebay to just shrug their shoulders and say they can't do anything.

If this buyer has evidence she has been sold a fake & can supply ebay with a copy of that evidence, ebay could easily look up the transaction to verify the sale took place and they could block that person from selling.

How does the ebay guarantee work in this case. Surely if a buyer could prove payment took place plus the item was substantially not as described, they could find themselves liable?

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

How does the ebay guarantee work in this case. Surely if a buyer could prove payment took place plus the item was substantially not as described, they could find themselves liable?

The catch is that the buyer did not use paypal springy.

The fine print is there if anyone reads it....the MBG only works when ebay can claw the money back from the seller.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

@designerplus2021 wrote:

i wolud like to share my bad experience with all buyers on ebay.

purchased and paid $2400 for a chanel bag and find out that it is fake from <Removed>

MY ONLY MISTAKE WAS LISTEN TO THE SELLER AND CHECK OUT VIA BANK DEPOSIT.

THIS IS THE WORST MISTAKE THAT ANYONE COULD DO . PLS BEWARE .

after indentiied the bag was fake .

i imediately contacted the seller and requested return and refund.

my shocking experince was because i checked out and paid via bank deposit 

i have not protection .

i lost $2400

ebay favour the seller instead of me , i am watching my $2400 being ROB during daylight and have no say in anything 

worst of all 

the seller is still continous her journey of selling fake bag and  ROBBING other buyers .

SHE CALLED HERSELF 

<Removed>

SHE TOOK $2400 FROM ME 

EBAY STILL LET HER SELLING 

I AM SO DISAPOINTED OF HOW EBAY HANDELING MY CASE .

DIDNT OFFER MUCH HELP BUT RATHER SAID 

BECAUSE I CHECKED OUT VIA BANK DEPOSIT THEY CANT HELP ME .:( 

very unhappy , unsatify buyer 

Well I'm very sorry for you but you should take more care, not everyone selling on eBay is as nice as the people on the discussion boards here...

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

She knows she should have taken more care, Jessica.

I think her issue is she feels the seller is a swindler and ebay is making no effort to investigate or block the seller if that is the case.

She's got a point.

I don't know the truth or otherwise about the seller, but for sure, it is this type of activity that puts a question mark over ebay purchases, at least as far as buying big name products goes.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

I feel so sorry for you. This is a very expensive & gutting experience for you.

Unscrupulous Sellers like this one use stock pics often from the designers website or indeed from the counterfeiters website.

The "tell" is always there but sometimes you do need to search to see it. In this case or at the very least the LVs he/she is using stock pics.

With handbags ALWAYS check for pics of date codes/serial numbers & close ups of stitching or hardware. That is a big tell.

As to your CHANEL..........there are many online authenticators a few are highly respected by ebay..these are etinceler & caroldiva.

It will cost between $7 -$10. Take pics of your bag( they will ask you for specific shots) and send to them. It will take 24 -48 hours for a response. This will stand you in good stead both with ebay & the authorities.

It is a crime to sell fake/replicas, it is also a crime to import them, further it is a crime to  even POST them. Your Seller has committed all of these. As the amount of money invloved is significant the authorities will take action. My guess is they are also operating under different IDs and possibly doing this on a larger scale or they are testing the waters before going bigger with the operation. 

I would take ebay to task over this and really make a noise. The "squeaky wheel" and all that lol.

I do feel sorry for you, I am sure you realise now the mistakes you made when purchasing. There are some wonderful ebay Sellers of AUTHENTIC designer items unfortunately there are as many scammers.

All the best to you 🙂

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Watch out for this seller too
All FAKES
I have reported to no avail as yet
Asked seller for Hologram Numbers & Receipts
NO RESPONSE OF COURSE!!!

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

You can't name and shame on these boards.  The name will be removed.

Ebay will not take any notice of you.  Only the VERO member can have listings

removed.

Make Chanel aware of the seller and they will decide if they are authentic.

Chanel is a member of ebay's VERO programme

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/programs-vero-ov.html

http://vero.ebay.com/

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply